1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Killing someone u don't like

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Malaysia, Jan 20, 2006.

Too many clicking with the same identical IP address would result in sure death of one’s Adsense account.

What is there to stop anybody “killing” his rivals/enemies or just trying to be naughty?

Malaysia, Jan 20, 2006 IP
    Friend likes this.
  2. robzilla

robzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't you think Google has thought about this?

robzilla, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  3. new_life

new_life Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, actually they do know about this issue. However, so far we - the publishers - have to actively protect ourselves from bomb clicks.

My experience is report to G as soon as you smell fishy in your report. Don't wait until your account is suspended and then explain.

new_life, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  4. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    One day my earing went from 20 a day to over 30 just over night. Sure i fixed some stuff and made some new sites but HELL i was worried. I wrote to support and told them the problem. They checked it out and told me everything was ok nothing to worry about :)

TheSyndicate, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  5. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Put Statcounter on your website using their free service and then analyse some of the results about tracing IP's and then you will have an answer to why that is an improbable scenario.

mcfox, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  6. donwebcorleone

donwebcorleone Peon

Best Answers:
    nice tip! thanks mcfox! ; )

donwebcorleone, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  7. Malaysia

Malaysia Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a popular website (more than 5 years old) - nothing to do with x-rated stuffs - which is gathering followers at an encouraging rate (and also increasing its Adsense revenue but not yet laughing to the Banks … “Banks” not “a bank”). Currently ranked by Yahoo!, Google and many major search engines/directories among the top ten for the search phrase of “…”.

Sorry can’t give u the search phrase because even a blind bat could see it sticking out there being the only one with a “.my” domain.

Obviously there are many who dislike the idea of a one-man show rubbing shoulders with the big fellows with big budgets and Internet presence. Sometimes it is scary to see its ranking.

I’m really worried.

Malaysia, Jan 21, 2006 IP
  8. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    Just write to google and ask them the sooner the better

TheSyndicate, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  9. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    If I'm not mistaken Google ignores multiple clicks from the same IP after a certain cut-off line. Rest assurred that Google have various ways of detecting and ignoring this.

Crusader, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  10. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's to stop them? How about Google invalidating all those clicks coming from the same IP. Don't know if you've heard, but those folks working at Google are pretty smart.

EveryQuery, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    I really thought this thread was going to take DP to a new level...

I am sadly disappointed.

aeiouy, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  12. tbarr60

tbarr60 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know the cut off but if you get one click from an IP and then the user returns via the back button and clicks on another ad or two within some natural time frame, they probably give you credit. If you get clicks a second or two apart or some extended or repetitive interval, you probably raise suspicions.

I use Adsense tracking program so I do see repeat clickers. It's not uncommon to see a couple per day click a couple ads 12 to 45 seconds apart. I'd say that's probably legit. I have seen some click 5 to 11 times and some times on the same ad but I never hear from Google about it and see credit for only a click or two from the repeated group (if I can match up the clicks to a channel).

tbarr60, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  13. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is definately smart enough to prevent someone from easily getting you banned. As long as you are monitoring your account, you will know if things dont look right. a quick email will keep you in the clear.

I panicked when my revenue climbed about 80% within a week and stayed there. I sent them 3 emails within that week as it was climbing as I was happy as hell and worried as hell at the same time. They looked, responded that nothing abnormal was happening, but I was still worried for a while.

SportsOutlaw, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  14. sebastianrs

sebastianrs Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's just best practice to stay in contact with google about any issue that seems not that normal. as soon as your revenue grows much higher google won't close your whole account just because one of your competitors might try to damage your whole business ;)

sebastianrs, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  15. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    As i said before i write to google as often as i need to if something is wrong i write to them. You can be sure they save all emails and they can see if you have a history clicking on your own links.:)

TheSyndicate, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  16. TheSyndicate

Best Answers:
    There is a series on BBC right now about this problem they say its the biggest problem on internet right now so i am sure they are all on it :)

TheSyndicate, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  17. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I meant with them ignoring certain clicks. Obviously they will ignore those that seem to be in a fraudelent click pattern (10 clicks the one after another), while they should be fine with 5 clicks in the span of 5 minutes or so. The point is that they can indeed detect when someone is trying to "click bomb" you.

Crusader, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  18. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Best way to not get screwed over by someone looking to screw you over:

If your click jumps, and your traffic doesn't, UH OH.

If there is a corresponding jump in traffic as the clicks, you're doing something right.

That's really all there is to prevent this.

jackburton2006, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  19. vvenomouss

vvenomouss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the only way to save urself from such killers is by checking your stats actively and report high ctr changes to Google as soon as possible

vvenomouss, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  20. telecomm

telecomm Peon

Best Answers:
    best thing!!

telecomm, Jan 29, 2006 IP