1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling KILLER domain with huge potential!

Discussion in 'Domains' started by Jelle, Apr 22, 2015.

I've recently come across the domain 'indiegogo.io' and I took the liberty of registering it.

You may have heard of Indiegogo, since it is the biggest crowdfunding website next to kickstarter.

The .io extension is associated specifically with startup businesses (it's known to stand for input/output). You could say it almost has a symbolic value within the innovative community.

The .io extension has proven to be a valuable addition to many organizations when it comes to the attraction of highly targeted visitors (in this case: innovative people).

When you put this domain name and the extension together, you can probably see the potential right about now. Think of the tons of highly targetted & engaging traffic you will be able to get.

At this moment I don't have a specific purpose for this domain yet, and therefore I'm looking for a buyer.

Don't be shy, and perhaps she is yours!

Jelle, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  2. Alan Cigrani

Alan Cigrani Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    $50k for what could potentially be trademark infringement? $50k in hopes someone magically adds '.io' to the end of their search for type-in value?

Not sure why you'd put a valuation like that on a relatively new domain, especially when it's nowhere close to being a TLD.

Alan Cigrani, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  3. dave2013

dave2013 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 3
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Hope you got deep pockets, when indiegogo.com wants your domain you will end up paying them. If I were you I would delete the name or ask your registrar for a grace delete.

dave2013, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  4. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 20
    dave2013 is right. "indiegogo" is a registered trademark of Indiegogo, Inc. It's not a good idea to get a domain that includes a company name in it.

danparks, Apr 22, 2015 IP
    dave2013 likes this.
  5. Franklin Hatchett

Franklin Hatchett Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Looks like you registered a dud buddy. This is something I wouldn't want anything to do with.

Franklin Hatchett, Apr 22, 2015 IP