1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

KI4BBO.org Version 3

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Josh, Jan 5, 2005.

Well, here it is, KI4BB:confused:rg version 3.. I was tiried of bland, so I came at this design to create something unbland :)

Unfortunatly, its a little slow loading for dialup, hopefully not to bad though.

So.. any reviews would be nice :)

http://www.ki4bbo.org

Josh

Josh, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Much better than the old site, I like the rippers part.

I like the colors and the way the ads were worked into the pages.

Can you tell the forum a bit about how you programmed the site.

Great work Josh

anthonycea, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  3. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    Although I am going to miss those snowmen, I have to say that this new layout looks sharp. I also have to agree with Anthony that the ads blend in with the site really nice. What ad company is that?

I'm not really feeling the transparent background though, it's kinda hard to read, for example, the about me section when the text is mixing in with those damn trees.

Great job.

me: "I should have been home-schooled, I could have been programming php at age 14 like Josh"

my mom: "what are you talking about?"

me: "geeeeez forget it, bye mom"

barrow, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  4. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, 13 ;)

The ad company is Searchfeed, in addition to their PPC search engine they have an option to display the top (you set the number) results for a query that you specify.. its kinda neat, and its really really formatible, I can change the format all I want.

I think I have lowered the transparenct of the bg a little bit, and so it should be a little easier to read, hit reload and tell me what you think.

Also, I noticed there was a huge rendering bug in IE, I just applied a hack and its working now, so if any of you where using IE, it should look a whole lot better/

Anthony, I guess I can tell about how I programmed it in the forum, but for now I will post it here for you..

I went to http://sxc.hu/ and found a picture I liked, then opened Macromedia Fireworks, and added three new layers, each one had a white BG, I then played around with the opacity on the layers to get a somewhat floating effect, then used the slice tool to slice along the content edges, then used Fireworks' export as HTML and Images feature to do all the coding for me, most of the time I code it myself, but I was feeling lazy ;) Then I just modified the code by hand a little bit, and added my content. :) Dang, that was one long run-on sentance :D

Josh

Josh, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Fireworks is a photo program that works with Dreamweaver, you have that too?

anthonycea, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  6. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Hi Josh,

It looks nice but I also find the text on trees difficult to read, though I do like the faded effect.

The ads don't look like ads however in IE I get a horizontal scrollbar on the advert box but not in FireFox. In both browsers I get a vertical scrollbar even though I have loads of space available.

Cheers

dct, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  7. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course I have em :)

dcteam,
    Thats odd.. I dont get a scroll bar either vertical or horizontial in IE or Firefox on the homepage, although on the other pages the content box should have a vertical scroll, but the ad thing never has a scroll..

Weird :p

Josh

Josh, Jan 5, 2005 IP
  8. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    Let me know if I can send you any further info.

I know on my machine IE has a habit of doing odd things but Firefox is normally fine.

Don't you just love "but it works on my machine" problems

dct, Jan 5, 2005 IP