1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keywordspy VS semrush VS spyfu

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Starfall, Oct 27, 2011.

I'm in process of searching perfect keyword tool, which I would like to use with google adwords. GA - is the most accurate tool, but it's bad in terms of suggestions. So to check the keyword stats I will use GA. But which tool is the best for finding keywords? I'm also intersted in, if these tools have free trials, so I can check out those functionallity. Thanks in advance!

Starfall, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  2. Lincherry

Lincherry Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion you should choose between spyfu and semrush because keywordspy is the most expensive, and shows tons of crap, but not even keywords, which users enter SE search boxes. Semrush is cheaper, and it's quite good for me for finding long-tails.

Lincherry, Nov 6, 2011 IP
  3. gauthamvit2003

gauthamvit2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordtracker is used by many SEO Experts. I would definitely recommend you the same. Other keyword tools you should give a try would be keycompete, keyworddiscovery.

gauthamvit2003, Nov 12, 2011 IP
  4. vansterdam

vansterdam Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to gauthamvit2003. No self respecting SEO actually uses Wordtracker. Since they rely on 3rd party sites such as meta search engines for keyword statistics, their data is very limited. Don't expect to find any good keywords on there. You're better off using the free Google AdWords keyword tool.

For a paid tool, I recommend either Keyword Country or SEM Rush. A lot of the paid keyword tools out there are pretty similar. They mostly all do the same thing, but they each offer different extra tools. So you might want to consider what else you would want your seo software to do.

vansterdam, Nov 16, 2011 IP
    Starfall likes this.
  5. mohu

mohu Peon

Best Answers:
    I use only market samurai and wordtracker for my adword campaign. Coz they are the best keyword tool in the market

mohu, Nov 16, 2011 IP
  6. stardik

stardik Member

Best Answers:
    keywordspy VS semrush VS spyfu

i vote for semrush

stardik, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  7. Starfall

Starfall Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks vansterdam for the useful post. As I understood, keyword country is the cheapest tool, especially if buy the one year subscription. One thing I don't like -that I should download it, semrush is more convinient in this way. All in all I'll try them both.

Starfall, Nov 22, 2011 IP
  8. gauthamvit2003

gauthamvit2003 Peon

Best Answers:
    Vansterdam, i respectfully deny your comments about Wordtracker and from your comments it's evident that you are not familiar with Wordtracker. Why one should use Wordtracker? the answer is below read on.

Wordtracker provides IAAT data for each keyword along with other organic results from search engines. IAAT stands for ‘In Anchor And Title’, in other words it shows how many pages in a search engine’s index include both an HTML Page title that contains the keyword phrase and where the keyword phrase appears in the anchor text of an external link to that page. These data determines how much competition you have for that particular keyword.
    I really doubt if anyone is really doing some serious keyword research for their clients, which is the cornerstone for SEO. And if anyone has any other Keyword tool that provides IAAT data along with other organic keyword results please update with valid proof and reason so that everyone can evaluate.

About Google AdWords Keyword tool

Don’t only rely on the Google AdWords Keyword tool for organic keyword search. The High, Medium, and Low Competition data displayed are meant to give you an idea of how many advertisers are bidding for a particular keyword. I would suggest everyone to use both Wordtracker and Google Adwords Tool to determine the organic competition for a particular keyword and then determine which keyword you need to target.

If someone can add additional color it'd be helpful for many.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    gauthamvit2003, Dec 2, 2011 IP
  9. Starfall

Starfall Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm confused a bit know, can anybody clarify what is better: semrush and keyword country suggested by vansterdam or wordtracker suggested by gauthamvit2003?

Starfall, Dec 21, 2011 IP