1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by shortd81, Mar 13, 2005.

I have my forum and was wondering whats does the search engines (google espcially) look for when ranking a site with a certain keyword?

shortd81, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Anchor text from backlinks

fryman, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  3. shortd81

shortd81 Banned

Best Answers:
    So basically If I just need to worry about the anchor text?

And should I work on one keyword at a time or what?

4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    You need to worry about a thousand things...

SEO is a science and many things are involved. However, it seems that anchor text is one of the main things Google looks at when ranking a site.
    Maybe not one, but you could play around with a few different text. If you just use one you can trigger a penalty.

fryman, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  5. shortd81

shortd81 Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh I see. So give me one more pointer when it comes to seo since it's a science. 2nd most important thing

6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    2nd most important thing... don't ask questions... :D

This is a trial and error thing. You will see a post of some guy saying that if you put up a page with a green background it will rank well at Yahoo. Then another guy says that he is wrong, that you need to have a blue background. The only way you will ever find out if actually trying it.

Read around, make a list of tips you find interesting, and try them out. Seo takes time, so you need a lot of patience. Poeple think that they will wake up tomorrow and see their site #5 at Google. No, it doesn't work that way.

You need to understand all the terms (seo, backlink, anchor text, metatags, serps, etc). Once you know that, then you can ask specific questions. If you just ask something like "here is my site, what should I do to optimize it" you will only end up more confused. Specific questions are your key to a good advice.

fryman, Mar 13, 2005 IP
  7. shortd81

shortd81 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I know what all those are except serps. I guess I'll go do some research