1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords to start a war for.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by pulsetoday.com, Aug 16, 2004.

Uhmm... Stupid Question but I am having a really hard-hard time deciding what keywords to target. My Forums are a General marketing Forums [ Mainly focusing on other techniques rather than SEO ... Hehe. You must have guessed that from my question ;) ].

[Data acc to DigitalPoint Tools ]

The Keyword - > marketing 3,858.0 /day
    internet marketing 722.0 /day
    And a really Really Absurd amount of comptition. So no need to compete on this tem as of now...

The other keyword ->

forums marketing 18.0 /day
    forums marketing uk 16.0 /day
    internet marketing forums 10.0 /day

Gee..... Isn't it too less ?

Now the question is -> Can Someone suggest the keywords that I should Fight for?

pulsetoday.com, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  2. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were in your shoes, I would probabally just use Overture over and over again until I found something that was 1) Not too competitive and 2) Still generating a fair number of requests per day.

I know that it is kind of a given, but I really don't have any other suggestions.

I guess you should look at your market, then decide what it is will be most5 targetted to your site's content.

Are you thinking of going down the PPC route or the SEO route?

SEbasic, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  3. pulsetoday.com

pulsetoday.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey! Thanks for a real quick answer... Much appreciated.

Yeah. I wanna go the SEO route...

Now , the point is that My Target audience is quite general in sense. Hmm. What do you suggest of a minisite targetted at specific niches!

4. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are on the right route (that's what I would do at least)...

Produce a page for each of the niech terms that you are going for (I mean EVERY ONE).

I would than spen a day doing link exchange requests for each of those pages (or micro-sites, whatever route you are going down), making sure that the anchor text on the links you are getting is on-topic.

Depending on the number of terms, you should end up with a LOT of copy for the site, and also generate quite a bit of traffic from the neiche terms (If there are 100 of them, each getting 5 requests a day, that is a really good start.)

Exactly what is the reason for generating the traffic (Is it affiliates, adsense, your own service/product?) - I only ask because that could have an influence on the way you do the SEO...

SEbasic, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If it is just for the forum, I would spread the word via the existing users.

Run some 'sign up a new user' contest. It might well be easier than SEO'ing a competitive word.

T0PS3O, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  6. pulsetoday.com

pulsetoday.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well , Actually Its Mainly Forums but I am working really hard on content parts which I would be really intersted in getting traffic for!

On each page I will want to schooze people to visit and be active on my forums... Is this kinda right thing to do ?

7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't think why not.

Are you generating any revenue? Or are you looking to in the future?

SEbasic, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  8. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are starting off from the wrong frame of thinking.

Create a deadly resource worry about seo second.

If it is 90% seo'd and 10% decent content - start again.

If it's 90% deadly content, it takes little promotion for such a resource to take off.

Have a look at http://spider-food.net

I know this site is getting a re-write at the moment but you get the picture - good content is really important.

Dominic, Aug 16, 2004 IP
  9. pulsetoday.com

pulsetoday.com Peon

Best Answers:
    At the moment the main source of My Revenue is AdSense... Though I will be having other revenue options later [ Like Premium Listings in our Resources Section etc. ]

And , Thanks for the tip Dominic ;)

10. bobafind

bobafind Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any hard and fast rules for gauging competitiveness? Looking in the top 10 SERP hits? Seeing how accutate / optimized those pages are? What are some tips?

bobafind, Aug 16, 2004 IP