1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords ranking is different in different country

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by miracle12, Nov 11, 2013.

Hi all! I have some questions about keyword ranking would like to ask. When we search one of our targeted keywords at www.google.com in my current country, our website is listed at page 8. When my colleague went to US and he searched for this particular keyword at www.google.com in US, our website is not on page 8 like what we normally see here and we cannot even find it in the first 20 pages. Why is this happened? Is that mean different countries will show different result in Google Hope someone can clarify on this. Thank you.

miracle12, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  2. rluna559

rluna559 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes different countries have different rankings. Language of the site does play a factor as well, but mostly competition is the highest factor. In Google Webmaster you can choose what regions you want to target.

rluna559, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  3. soabbd

soabbd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes Google shows country based results if your seo techniques are not targeted for global or some targeted country.

soabbd, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  4. miracle12

miracle12 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi! Thanks for the reply. I'm aware that inside the Google Webmaster I can select the country but currently I didn't select coz we are not only target USA. If I select USA, will it be affecting the ranking in other countries that I didn't select?

miracle12, Nov 11, 2013 IP
  5. soabbd

soabbd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As far ranking algo webmaster tools impacts are minor, i suggest target your countries first then find some local TLD like .us .eu etc cheek their hosting ip from whois info and their website local times if match with your targeted area then build link but must maintain keyword staffing percentage than target social sites visitors to globalize your ranking

soabbd, Nov 11, 2013 IP