1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords: Is CPC or Cost/Day more important?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by courtney, Mar 3, 2006.

I've read a lot about CPC being an important factor when selecting keywords. When I use Google's Adwords tool for SEO (not purchasing ads, just looking at keyword prices) I used to sort them by CPC, but it seems like it would make a lot more sense to prioritize keywords/phrases that have the highest cost-per-day. Because 100 clicks on 10 cent ads will of course earn more money than one click on a $2 ad. Is this right, or am I way off?

Thanks for your help!

courtney, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  2. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    I would look at CPC and the amount of traffic / clicks you can target on that niche is all your doing.

eiso, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  3. courtney

courtney Peon

Best Answers:
    So is CPC is a better measure, and my click-through ratios will be way different than Google's? I was just thinking their cost-per-day would be a good general barometer of each ad's profitability, but maybe site traffic is too variable to make any comparison?

courtney, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. eiso

eiso Peon

Best Answers:
    There cost per day is a good indicator when setting up ad campaigns but not when you're a publisher.

eiso, Mar 3, 2006 IP