1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keywords and SEO?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by JayeRose, Feb 1, 2016.

Hi all,

So I am literally brand new to blogging and just trying to get to grips with it all and was looking for some advice about key words and SEO. Basically....what do I do!? How do I optimise my keywords and the like in order to - hopefully - appear on search engines.

Am a complete and utter novice for looking for any input at all really.

Thanks in advance!

Jaye

JayeRose, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  2. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ceenote100, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  3. jtopres

jtopres Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!

I reckon that these two things you just mentioned are the things that starting bloggers worry about the most.

At the start I would not concentrate too much on keywords and SEO. Put all your energy in creating good content that provides value to your readers and makes them come back.

There are many great and free tools to make your post almost automatically SEO friendly if you are using Wordpress. Try Yoast SEO and Squirrly. They both give you live assistance while writing your post.

When it comes to keyword research, you should pick longtail-keywords (more than 3 words).

You should find a keyword that is:
    -high in search volume
    -low in competition
    -most likely to convert

Squirrly let's you do the research while writing you post. (image below).

[​IMG]

Good luck with starting your blog.

jtopres, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  4. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are starting a blog have your keywords that you want to rank for in the title of your posts and pages. But first you need to do good keyword research to rank well in the search engines. Like people have said here look for high search volume and low competition keywords. If you are just getting started I would look for a mentor..

kb24, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  5. Neeraj Dhiman

Neeraj Dhiman Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

First Of all Best of luck for blogging.

For Keywords Part:- I will suggest you to do, keyword research and find, 1) Low competition, High Search Volume & generic and non generic keywords. 2) Long Trail Keywords will be beneficial .

Use of keywords in your articles, title will help you in SEO part...!!

Neeraj Dhiman, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  6. abinjoy

abinjoy Member

Best Answers:
    Choosing the right keywords for your blog is very important. Do keyword research for that. Google adwords provide you a free keyword tool for that. Make use of it. Choose the niche keywords having high search volume and less competition. Try to include these keywords in the blog title and the post. Remember if you try to add keywords in the post without any relevance, i.e 'keyword stuffing', it may adversely affect your blog.

abinjoy, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  7. JayeRose

JayeRose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi all - wow, thanks so much! All the advice has been brilliant. I was worried I'd be hit with all these technical terms that I wouldn't be able to decipher but you've all explained it perfectly for me. Thanks all! :)

JayeRose, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. up4review

up4review Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For keyword research, you may want to check out my new free keyword toolKWAlert.net. It enables you to collect search terms related to your keyword over any period of time and will keep you informed about the latest results thanks to its email notification service (optional).

The longer you use the tool, the bigger will be your list of results and the higher will be the chances that any newly added term hasn’t been used up until recently. Such keywords have a great potential since you will be able to tap into them before your competitors do!

up4review, Mar 13, 2016 IP
  9. MakeBlog.org

MakeBlog.org Peon

Best Answers:
    In terms of keyword research. The google keyword planner works great. You can even use it to find ideas for other search terms related to your inquiry.

MakeBlog.org, Mar 19, 2016 IP
  10. styletomes

styletomes Peon

Best Answers:
    A great tool to research long tail keywords after you have the keyword idea is a bit vulgar, but brilliant: keywordsh*tter.com (replace the * with i in URL). It's very simple and to the point. Often, it'll give you things you might not have thought of yourself. It's a good place to start off and then transfer over to Google Keyword Planner to check on volume. (Copy and paste the keywords from keywordsh*tter.com into Google Keyword tool and analyze. You can only do 200 at a time, so you might want to transfer the list into a spreadsheet for an easier count.)

styletomes, Jun 23, 2016 IP