1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword vs keyword - what's the difference? (Wordtracker)

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006.

This is bugging me.

How can keyword phrase have a KEI of 186 with 24hrs as 8439
    When Keyword Phrase has a KEI of 0.6 with 24hrs as 4500

Aren't they the same thing, thus it's pointless going for keyword phrase as the actual KEI is 0.6?

I'm new to Wordtracker and these things are bugging me.. I'm wondering if all keywords are like this now. Ie. you find a good one, but then realise it's only good because it's all in lower case when infact the correct case has an extremely low KEI and is the one the SE's go with. :(

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    wordtracker counts capitalization (Keys, keys, KEYS, KeYs, KEys, etc) as different words. In the real world, all are identical.

lorien1973, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  3. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't this render WordTracker and it's KEI calculations absolutely pointless?

If I was targetting oranges as my phrase, would this mean I would have to have my page title as 'oranges' and not 'Oranges' - or does Google just class the query of 'oranges' as 'Oranges' anyway, thus making any keywords and statistics WT throws up in lower case pointless?

Ah jeez.. time to bang my head against a wall for an hour.

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  4. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, pretty much, IMHO. When I want to judge competitiveness, I usually check the high bid at overture; I think that's a good judge of how difficult a keyword is to rank for.

lorien1973, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  5. Caydel

Caydel Peon

Best Answers:
    Why wouldn't wordtracker make itself case-insensitive?

Caydel, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would it if the search engines classed keywords as Keywords - there would be no reason for WT to include the majority of lower case words in this case, if what I'm thinking is right.

By WordTracker including lower case words and displaying them with high KEI's when due to how the SE's work (to my knowledge), WT is miss-leading users, although not intentionally.

Someone may find turtles is a great keyword to target so they go and build a site around turtles, only to find out turtles is classed as Turtles in the search engines therfore one would need to find out the actual KEI of Turtles and ignore the statistics of turtles, and then the user would find out the KEI for Turtles is hardly none existant and far too competative... and what a bummer and a waste that would of been.

If this is the case then this should be made clear as day!

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  7. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    To extend on this, here's the WT results for turtles and Turtles:

"turtles" 0.636 3656 1488 21000000
    "Turtles" 0.007 391 159 21000000

As we can see turtles has a higher KEI then Turtles, but we can't target 'turtles' because when we search Google for 'turtles' it searches as if we're searching for 'Turtles', therfore it is pointless in my opinion of WordTracker showing the statistics for 'turtles' when it's clearly not the case in Google. The correct KEI for 'turtles' would be 0.007, the same KEI as 'Turtles'.

Therfore if we find lots of good lowercase keywords and built a site around them thinking GREAT I'VE FOUND SOME GREAT KEYWORDS... we would be wrong and should check the Capitalized version of those keywords before-hand.

Uuuh! I hope I'm making sense.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  8. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the wordtracker/overture Keyword selector tool on DP - that helps me brainstorm for phrases, and what phrases have more searches than others.

But I really dislike the wordtracker KEI method of determining phrases. I prefer the old manual method:

Google for the phrase
    Check the competition
    - how well they are seo'ed
    - how many backlinks
    - what PR the pages have

I dont care if there are 1000 or 1 million pages returned for that search. Its how good the competition is for that phrase that I am most interested in.

t2dman, Jan 25, 2006 IP