1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tracker tool not updating

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by qws, Sep 12, 2005.

Hello,

For the past 2 weeks or so when I run the keyword tracker tool I am getting no results in the majority of cases. Usually the backlinks will update, but then after they have updated and I press the refresh button, the links still to check goes from 900 down to 0, with no keywords (or sometimes maybe a just a few) updating.

There have been a couple of times during this period where I have managed to get most links updated, but this is rare.

I noticed on other forum posts that it has been suggested to remove the advanced script and try that. I did that and I still get the same result.

Any ideas?

qws, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What's an example of a keyword/URL combo you think it's reporting wrong for you, and what position do you see it when you check Google manually?

digitalpoint, Sep 12, 2005 IP
  3. qws

qws Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn. The problem is that it isn't updating. I know this because old dates are still showing against each keyword, and the position doesn't change either. I.e. I run the report today being 13th Sept, but the report when showing 0 links to check still shows 9th Sept.

When I run the tracker tool, I press "check all", and it shows over 900 keywords, and 30 backlinks. When I press refresh a few seconds later, it shows 0 keywords and backlinks still to check, with no change in results.

qws, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Does it give an error if you check one manually? Are you using the advanced usage script?

digitalpoint, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  5. qws

qws Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn,

I do use the advanced script, but when I remove it and try and use it without the script, the result is the same.

I tested it by checking one manually, and I don't get an error message, but it does update that individual keyword correctly.

qws, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... what's your username?

7. qws

qws Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, it is qws

qws, Sep 13, 2005 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I started a check all thread to see how far it gets. Let me know if it doesn't finish. If it doesn't finish, do you have access to your web logs so we can see what the last request to your advanced usage script was before it failed?

My first guess is you are just running out of Google API queries for the day or something. When it stops, does it say there are still a certain number remaining to be checked?

9. qws

qws Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello. from your check everything went through. I have just run it again this morning though, and it checked around 80 links, then when I hit refresh, went down to 0 links to check, with all of the unchecked links still showing the previous days date. So when it stops, it always stops showing how many links it has to check, like it thinks there aren't anymore to check.

I had initially thought I might have exceeded my link checks for the day, but I tried not using it for a couple of days before and coming back to it with the same result. There are less than a 1000 keywords, so I shouldn't be exceeding the limit.

I do have access to my web logs. I had a look at the last 4 days worth of web logs, and it stops at different places each day. One days it is the robots.txt file, two others the index page, the other has no log results after it. This is the one I have just run:

I tried to paste a section of the web logs in, but got the following error:

The following errors occurred when this message was submitted
    Live links and signatures are not available until you have 10 total posts.

qws, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well when I ran it yesterday, I didn't do anything special... I logged in as you and clicked the "Check All" link is all.

digitalpoint, Sep 14, 2005 IP
  11. buonchit

buonchit Member

Best Answers:
    Use best promotion keyword for free at all :")

buonchit, Sep 14, 2005 IP