1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tracker Supports MSN and Yahoo

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by digitalpoint, Mar 23, 2005.

1. SulkyGirl

SulkyGirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm getting this error when I try to bulk add with both MSN and Yahoo:

Unexpected Result from Your Server:
    a:1:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";}

And if I just try to add one at a time, I get a huge insane thing I can't even post here that seems to have some text from my site, and then text from other sites with stuff like "}i:2;a:3:{s:5:"title";s:77:" mixed in there...?

Sorry, I'm useless with php...

SulkyGirl, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  2. pgruach

pgruach Peon

Best Answers:
    I see the fantastic feature to add trackings for Yahoo and MSN, but... I can't seem to select the checkboxes for them. The 3 checkboxes (google, yohoo, msn) are ghosted. How can I get around this problem?

pgruach, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  3. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to install the script. Check out your admin section ;)

ViciousSummer, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  4. pgruach

pgruach Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! It's always good to read before you nag... I'm sorry!

pgruach, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  5. saintdw

saintdw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmn it doesnt seem to check "all" KW when i press the button to check them all.

Only checks about half and have to check other manually. weird

saintdw, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  6. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    SD,

I had a similar problem. See this thread http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=12153

I never figured out why it wouldn't run on the original server but it seems to work OK now.

-jay

classifieds, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  7. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't been able to check all since the update, but I keep thinking i've just gone over my query limit, but I'm not a patient enough to wait a whole day.

OK so today I click on an individual KW to check instead of doing all and I get this error ...

<br />
    <b>Parse error</b>:  parse error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in <b>/home/nerddot/public_html/tracker.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
    Code (markup):
    I just "updated" (cut and paste from source) the file last night.

Does this look like my server problem? :eek:

Such Great Heights, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to be working fine for me...

joeychgo, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  9. Abs

Abs Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been looking through this thread and I know a few people seem to have had this error:

"The advanced usage script URL is not valid."

I think in a couple of cases the issue went away without the user doing anything special but i've had no such luck. Does anyone know why this is happening? Tried different names, different locations...same problem.

Can anyone help please?

TIA

Abs

Abs, Mar 29, 2005 IP
    lycos likes this.
  10. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    debunked, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  11. pgruach

pgruach Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I think the problems are due to the server. I placed the file on a server (running PHP5) and the site gave errors mentioned above. When I placed the file on another server (running PHP 4.3.7) the pageranking went fine...

pgruach, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  12. darqSHADOW

darqSHADOW Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, that worked! Thanks again, the tools are getting better by the day. ;)

Plus now that I use the advanced script from my own server, I don't feel like I'm chewing up your server time doing bunches of kw/url combos. :p

DS

darqSHADOW, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  13. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Just starting playing around with the new MSN/Yahoo stuff - to say it ROCKS is an understatement!

1. As with I suspect most people, I'm curious to see how a keyphrase ranks on all of the Search Engines, so I've punched all those in. Appears that for the same keyphrase, the order of results is Google/Yahoo/MSN ... and I'd suggest that a consistant order is good - although I'd nitpick slightly and suggest doing Google/MSN/Yahoo since that is alphabetic and make it clear when/if the next search engine is added. BTW, I have one case where it goes Google/MSN/Yahoo. Might be a bug (?) as the keyphrase is "bbq grills" and is right after "bbq grill"

2. In the output, there are alternating white/shaded lines, but since this is every other line, and the results are basically 3-line chunks (for each keyphrase), I think that makes readability hard. Maybe alterate that shading when the keyphrase changes? Or perhaps overlay on top of that color coding (across the row) for each search engine - you might be able to remove that column labelled Search Engine entirely and just have the legend across the top then (?)

3. The "Disable" is a nifty idea, but I wonder if some real-estate could be saved there by using a graphic symbol (like the red X) - what if you change the Red X to a Black X and made the Disable a Red (Octogon) Stop Sign (?)

User Interface stuff is hard and everyone has an opinion, so those are my initial two cents so far.

alek

hulkster, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  14. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    4. I just added some back link stuff, and the order (per domain/URL) appears to be somewhat random - as with the keywords, I'd suggest showing in the same order as you descend down the page - in keeping with my alphabetic suggestion above, I'd suggest Google/Yahoo/Yahoo(All)

5. I may have missed it on the Advanced Script Page but in addition to the actual code that is cut-n-pasteable, consider providing a link to it - this makes it easy to wget it and ensure one doesn't have any CR/new-line issues.

My nitpicks are exactly that - the whole thing is darn awesome!
    alek

hulkster, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  15. michael_angeloh

michael_angeloh Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically, not sure what the difference between (Yahoo) and (Yahoo all) is unless the (Yahoo all) results include the "Search" + "Directory" + "Yahoo!Store" backlink listings. Seems the same protocol could apply to "Google" since they aso have a directory and a "Google Answers" etc... I do see about twice the number of backlinks in the (Yahoo all) read-out so that's fine by me...

Don't mean to be greedy but is a "backlinks tracking program" for MSN results in the works somewhere..?

This is a beautiful tool and wonderful service and again I say "Mahalos" Thank you Shawn and all the contributors to this auspicious forum...

michael_angeloh, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  16. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yahoo (All) uses the linkdomain: function, while the other uses just link:. MSN back link tracking probably won't be possible until they come out with a real API. The RSS feed (which is what it's using now) doesn't give total numbers (so can't do the links).

digitalpoint, Mar 30, 2005 IP
  17. BigLance

BigLance Peon

Best Answers:
    I too am having problems with using the php script. The file, when loaded on it's own from the server, returns the results:

a:1:{s:7:"results";s:4:"9999";}

The file is loaded at h**p://www.netstartel.com/kw.php

I get the not valid error when trying to set the address in my preferences (included the http).

BigLance, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You sure you copied the file without changing anything? It doesn't seem to be working properly.

digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  19. BigLance

BigLance Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn, thanks for your help with this. Yes, I did a direct copy from your site to a telnet session with pico open and pasted it there. Unless there is something weird with our php settings. It's running on a cobalt box with php 4.0.6, magic quotes are off.

I've even re-done this by creating it locally in a text editor (saving with Unix) and uploading it. As well as re-creating it with FrontPage. I'm to the point that I believe it may be a server/php software version issue.

BigLance, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's a pretty old version of PHP... maybe that's a problem?

digitalpoint, Apr 1, 2005 IP