1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tracker Supports MSN and Yahoo

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by digitalpoint, Mar 23, 2005.

In addition to Google, the keyword tracker now supports MSN and Yahoo for rankings as well.

The back link tracker portion also supports Yahoo (for tracking links to a specific page or entire domain).

A disable function as been added as well (a disabled keyword/URL will stay for historical purposes but it is not checked when you run a Check All).

For info on enabling MSN and Yahoo for your keyword tracker account, please check under your preferences.

Charts generate nice consolidated charts (for example you could track one keyword for all 3 search engines for two different URLs (competitor maybe), and it will plot the day to day movements on a single chart with 6 lines).

Let me know if anyone has any questions. :)

digitalpoint, Mar 23, 2005 IP
    yfs1 and Design Agent like this.
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Nice one!

And now you'll have something to mention on the newsletter as well haha :D

Seriously though, it rocks once again. Can't wait for the next round of Co-op updates.

T0PS3O, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Well done Shawn..

I happened across it by accident and got a pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to results.. (running a check all now) :)

The colors have changed.. you can imagine first impressions.. a straight column of green where the metrics used to be.. a brief moment of elation, then.. hangon.. what's this ! :)

--
    edit: Oops - should have checked my prefs.. I'll be putting the script up shortly.. :)
    --

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice stuff Shawn

schlottke, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  5. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Good work, sir. Thank you for the effort.

ROAR, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  6. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    Well done on another brain twister on how to get around the restriction.

And it must mean less CPU processing time on your behalf - Very smart!

t2dman, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    CPU usage isn't the bottleneck... it's raw bandwidth usage of so many queries per second.

People using the "advanced script" will benefit from the Google queries as well because they will be much faster. The script only sends a small amount of data (only what is necessary) back to the keyword tracker.

8. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    You go girl. Great addition.

chachi, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I'm noticing Yahoo results aren't posting (they all read N/A). MSN and Google are working (and much faster than before).

Good work.

Infiniterb, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  10. kewler

kewler Peon

Best Answers:
    Shawn... you are sort of a genius... I love that distributed query solution!

kewler, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  11. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    You have graphs showing each, but how about another table showing each.

The current table is rather crowded, so how about another tab that does the following:
    • groups by keyphrase
    • shows columns for google, google daily change (DC), msn, msn DC, Yahoo, Yahoo DC
    • and sortable for all columns like you do already
    I have too many keyphrases to look at the graphs too often, the tables are what I use. THe above sort of table would be very cool.

I like where you have the disable buttons by the delete - heaps better than by the keyphrase.

And while I am at it...
    • You have "Logged in as name"
    • can we have "Logged in as name, username, worldwide Google*"
      * or New Zealand sites only ...
      Helps us know what we are logged in as - great for when you have multiple clients with separate logins.
    • any way to have the "Master account" idea - tie in clients accounts - slightly different to the co-op way - base it on a session cookie from the master account so that you can go between multiple clients accounts, and the cookie enables a "goto master account" button on each of the client accounts. Means that you can move between your clients accounts, but they can't move between the accounts.
    • When you click on the "Check all" - that a warning comes up when you reach the 1000 max - currently the only time you see the warning is when you check an individual keyphrase.
    • That the "Check all from Start" button is placed on the normal page rather than hidden way down on the FAQ page.
    • A long shot request - sometimes I know that a single keyphrase is stuck/showing 100th when it is actually in the top 10. I would love to have a button to be able to do a checkall on that ONE phrase - to checkall on the total number of keyphrases uses up the api limit too fast.
    Thanks again Shawn. I thought I would strike while the iron was hot and you were in the mode of tracker mods.

t2dman, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  12. t2dman

t2dman Peon

Best Answers:
    What would be the best country to have the tracker script hosted? I use servers in NZ & US - I assume that servers in the US would be better ie faster?

I have just test bulk added 23, and its taken a while. I might have to get the stopwatch out and try with the script being in NZ v USA

Added

I have just tested on bulk adding 10
    - tracker script host in:
    • NZ = around 1min 25sec
    • USA = around 50 sec
    We have a clear winner! - and I have a few hundred to add!

t2dman, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  13. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    total pwn4g3!

Shawn rules again!

Such Great Heights, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  14. awall19

awall19 Berserker

Best Answers:
    could you make an option to allow people to add all their currently tracked google words / sites to yahoo and msn?

or do we have to do an export and then bulk upload them? I guess its not that hard

awall19, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If I make it too easy for people, they will add all sorts of crap they don't really care about, and in turn fill up my server with data they don't care about. :)

16. beverly42

beverly42 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

For info on enabling MSN and Yahoo for your keyword tracker account, please check under your preferences.

I can't find the info to enable MSN and Yahoo. I checked under Edit Preferences, but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
    Bevelry :confused:

beverly42, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  17. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn, I've never taken time to really look at msn or yahoo on all my secondary and tertiary phrases, usually just look at the primary keywords manually. This will save me time and get me looking at where I can improve accross the board.

Now that the DP community can examine our performence in yahoo and msn v. google easily, I think there will be a closer and more accurate discussion of what works in yahoo and msn.

You made a lot of people happy today! Thanks.

Dominic, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  18. bhutz

bhutz Peon

Best Answers:
    I was about to ask the same thing but found this page...
    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/advanced_script.html

I think you need to upload the PHP script to ya server and supply it's URL in the box on the preference page called "URL To Advanced Usage Script"

Gonna give it a go now...

Use this tracker nearly everyday and it's got even better by the looks of things :D

Cheers Shawn...

bhutz, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  19. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Look carefully under url for advanced scripts or someting similar. You make a php file with code given. Upload to your server.

S

Smyrl, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  20. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you Shawn, you go - way - above and - way - beyond the call of duty for the webmaster community. Many tons of good karma are coming your way!

Christopher, Mar 23, 2005 IP