1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword tracker & Google

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by Jez, Dec 26, 2004.

Hello,

I'm new to the forum here (although have lurked and read lots) but have been using the keyword tracking facilities for a while and have a question regarding that.

I have been tracking one of my sites for a certain keyword and for the last two months the tracker has shown the position to be higher than it really is. Currently the tracker tells me that my keyphrase is at #5 and really it's #16. I know that there can be discrepancies and that google usually falls into line with keywords predictions but this never seems to catch up!

The keyphrase is Seraphim Proudleduck and the site is upsaid.com/jez

I am guessing that because it's a competition and the phrase is a new one it's unsettling the balance.

I am not entered into the Seraphim competion and am not really fussed about my position although it would be nice to attain the position that the tracker tells me is mine! :cool: :)

Jez, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  2. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am observing the same effect since months for two very competitive KWs of my website and I already asked the same question several times in this forum. The answer was always that the data center where the keyword tracker get it's data from can be different from that from which the local G! version gets its data (which is certainly true; I am located in Austria).

However, I never belived that explanation, since this would mean that statistically there should be cases (i.e. other KWs, other websites) where the opposite phenomenon (KW tracker showing worse results than the local G!) is being observed - and I don't know of one single case where this was reported. :mad:

leo, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  3. eriky

eriky Peon

Best Answers:
    There's been examples where I search for something and a friend a few blocks away gets different results, over and over again. Also, changing the language seems to effect the results too. Other people noticed that searching with firefox gives different results than IE (because of some extra parameters).

I don't know what's going on but I decided not to focus on it too much. The time you spend is better spend working on your site(s)

eriky, Dec 26, 2004 IP
  4. leo

leo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing. Somewhat unsatisfactory nevertheless, isn't it...

leo, Dec 26, 2004 IP