1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tracker "Check All" not checking all

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by classifieds, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Trust me, I don't have that many keywords I'm tracking to begin with, I think around 30 (10 keywords * 3 search engines = 30). I even tried removing and re-adding a few keywords and I'm still getting scripting errors on the DP server.

Cartman, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Listing the bad URL as "www.yourdomainhere.com" is not really going to give anything for anyone to look at. :)

digitalpoint, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  3. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    I'm out of my element here but as my good forum friend nullbit said:

look in /var/log/httpd/error_log for clues to the problem.

via:

tail /var/log/httpd/error_log -n 50

(or whereever your httpd log files are saved)

Any script errors should generate an entry in the log.

Good luck!

-jay

classifieds, Apr 4, 2005 IP
  4. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cartman, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The URL doesn't work for me... does it work for you?

digitalpoint, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  6. Cartman

Cartman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, found out some more info.

"Check All" is totally not working for my keywords, so now I have to manually check all the entries. Yahoo and MSN check with no problem, as do a few Google KWs. But the rest give me the errors listed above.

On a whim, I edited my preferences and removed the path to the PHP script for the Yahoo/MSN checking, and then my Google KWs checked with no problem.

So what's going on? Obviously the script is working, or else I wouldn't be getting my MSN and Yahoo results. But why is the tracker calling the script when searching Google to begin with? For whatever reason, that's what's causing the errors for me.

Help!

Cartman, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  7. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I seem to be having a similar problem.

First, I think the script is called for Google because Shawn is using it to make the API query from your server (kinda makes sense) - if you look in the access_log, he's passing the Google API Key as a parameter - key=###.

What I see (after hitting Check All) in my access_log is a few checks for se=g (google), and then nada - I check the error log and I don't see anything in there. However, if I manually wget that exact URL, it seems to work fine and returns some numbers, as does manually clicking on the keyword.

My last "true" update ALL was on April 2nd, and I can't see any pattern in the web log results. Shawn's stuff tends to be pretty darn good, so I'm wondering if maybe the site that has PHP that I'm using has an older version or something that causes it to burp?

P.S. Shawn: If you wanted to PM me a path of a .php on your server, I could re-point to their for a moment and this would probably determine real quickly if problem is on my end and might yield some insights into possible PHP version/config dependancies.

hulkster, Apr 6, 2005 IP