1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword tracker broke today?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by dethfire, Mar 22, 2004.

I click "check all" and then a few seconds later I click refresh and the count goes away but the results haven't changed

dethfire, Mar 22, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My guess is your Google API key has hit it's 1,000 query daily limit. Try clicking on a keyword to manually look it up (a manual query will show any error returned from Google).

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 22, 2004 IP
  3. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    Mine did the same thing... it did it yesterday too... this is the only tool that I use that uses my Google API key. What should be the maximum number of keyphrases I should use?

thebassman, Mar 22, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The number of queries it will use really depends on how much movement there is from the last known position as well as if you have a lot of "N/A" (unknown position) keywords.

The N/A keywords are what really tears through your API queries. As an example, if your account is setup to look 200 deep and you have 25 N/A keywords, a single "Check All" run through 500 queries just for those. The Google API allows a maximum of 10 results per query, so 20 x 25 = 500 queries. If it has a last known position, it will look from there. So if it's within 10 of the last known position it will only take a single query.

So in theory, if you had very little movement for your keywords, you could track 1,000 every day. In reality the biggest factor is how deep you are looking combined with how many "N/A" keywords you are tracking.

- Shawn

digitalpoint, Mar 23, 2004 IP