1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword search for UK

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by sgorman, Jan 18, 2006.

Hi all,

I have recently been tasked with becoming the inhouse developer in charge of our website SEO.

I have some experience of SEO, but am by no means anything other than a journeyman.

I have been using www. digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords as a starting point, but realise that any and all searches from this site will probably be routed through Googles nearest server farm... and as this site list itself as a Southern Californian company in the FAQs, the Google servers are thus not the UK ones.

Does anyone know of a site that I can 'easily' try to do the same tasks as I am carrying out here. (www. digitalpoint.com)

We are also updating the web pages to improve the site's visibility, and recently read a comment from a professional SEO that the meta keywords are only useful if the site itself does not have decent content. My opinion on this has been that the meta keywords should reflect and compliment the page content, thus a page on cup designs should have meta keywords describing this, and the next page on plates ought to have plate related links (this is turning out to be one .... of a fascinating site!?!?!)... Am I wrong?

Séan Gorman

sgorman, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  2. dave487

dave487 Peon

Best Answers:
    To get better keyword results make sure you select UK in the box for "Restrict Ranking to a single country".

Also try the advanced script as this runs on your webserver rather than digitalpoints so you will get some degree of geo targetting (works for me).

The main problem is that all these tools use the google api which does not geo target as much as the google search engine.

As for meta keywords tags and descriptin tags make sure you use them. The keywords tag has little effect but every little helps.

The description tag forms the basis of the description you see next to your site in the search results so make it readable by potential customers.

dave487, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    T0PS3O, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  4. sgorman

sgorman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers both...

I'll put the php page up asap... and am trawling through the ouvature stuff
    :)

sgorman, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Use a proxy server using an ip address based in the UK.

Cyclops, Jan 18, 2006 IP