1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling [Keyword Research] Is Your Web Site Targeting the Wrong Keywords?

Discussion in 'Services' started by Dan Schulz, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Why do some Web sites seem to rank well so easily in the search engines, while others constantly struggle to get high rankings and search traffic despite trying nearly every SEO technique available? Is it because they've optimized their code and site structures, been around for ages, or have more links than you do? While all of this is certainly possible, chances are these Web sites were really optimized for the keywords that consistently drive the most highly targeted quality traffic to them.

When conducting keyword research, many people (including a lot of SEO service providers) simply select a core set of keyword phrases backed up by a handful of secondary and related search terms and whatever long-tail keywords they can think of. Using such online services as WordTracker and Trellian's KeywordDiscovery, or even the free Google External Keyword Tool, they'll find out how many average searches these words and phrases get in a given period of time (usually monthly), then check the number of indexed pages in Google and the PageRanks of the sites with the top rankings to decide whether or not to optimize their sites for those search phrases.

What's wrong with this approach?

The problem with this method is two-fold: services like WordTracker and KeywordDiscovery pull their data from meta-search sites such as Dogpile (which nobody really uses anyway), while Google's External Keyword tool often returns broad results by default. That's just one half of the problem. The other issue is that the means of determining how competitive a keyword is really doesn't work very well, especially when using such metrics as:
    • KEI (Keyword Effectiveness Index)
    • Google's toolbar PageRank (which is 3-4 months old by the time it's published to begin with)
    • The number of indexed pages for a given search query
    You don't need me to tell you that optimizing your Web site for the wrong keywords may be causing you to miss out on tons of potential traffic, sales, advertising revenue and affiliate commissions. Which once again begs the question I asked at the very beginning. Are you targeting the right keywords? Do you even know what they really are?

Is there a better way?

Imagine if you knew for certain what keywords people use every day when searching for the products, services and/or content your Web site has to offer. Would you feel empowered knowing for certain how many real searches are actually performed for every related keyword, how much each keyword costs in Google's AdWords program (Do I even have to mention how useful this is to AdSense publishers?), how likely the people searching with these phrases are to buy from you (or click that ad/affiliate link), and most importantly, how competitive those keywords really are?

What can the right keywords do for me?

Armed with this information, you'd be able to cherry-pick the keywords with the highest average search volumes, and lowest levels of optimized competition, then use those search phrases to write well-written compelling content that when linked to from other Web sites dominates the search engines and sends the lion's share of search traffic for those keywords straight to YOUR Web site.

My keyword research services do just that. When you request my services, I'll send you an Excel spreadsheet containing the best keywords your existing or upcoming Web site needs to target. Not only will you be able to avoid targeting saturated markets and search phrases while establishing a solid foundation for your Web site’s SEO, link building and sponsored ad campaigns, press releases and other Internet marketing activities, but also quickly rank better in all the major search engines, increase your site’s traffic levels, and improve your sales, click-through rates and advertising revenues.

What will your keyword research report contain?

When you purchase my keyword report, you'll receive an Excel file that contains the following data via email:
    • A list of the most relevant and potentially profitable keywords related to your industry/market/niche/topic
    • The last month's local search volume for each keyword (data provided by Google).
    • The last month's global search volume for each keyword (data provided by Google).
    • The exact phrase count (data obtained by Google) for each keyword.
    • Google AdWords cost for each keyword.
    • Online Commercial Intent (OCI) rating for each keyword (data provided by Microsoft)
    • inanchor: count
    • intitle: count
    • inurl: count
    • Proprietary "strength of competition" score that quickly tells you how easy or hard a keyword is to rank for.
    You'll also receive a customized report that is tailored specifically for your Web site which:
    • Identifies keywords with high search volumes that are easy to rank for -- even in the most competitive of niches! (I should have mentioned this earlier. ;))
    • Gives you suggestions for keyword rich domain names.
    • Provides tips on how to optimize your page titles, META descriptions and content headings to maximize both your on-page SEO and SERP click-through rates.
    • Suggests new pages, products and services (if offering them) that your competitors are lacking-- great when seeking ideas for link bait.
    What can your keyword research report do for me?

If you're a blogger or content site owner that relies on Google AdSense for your revenue, you'll know right away which keywords to target in order to secure top rankings that maximize your profits. Do you run an ecommerce site? You'll learn which products your site should really be selling and what keywords people use when searching for them. And if you're promoting another company's products as an affiliate, you'll be able to capitalize on the search phrases that everyone uses so you can maximize your commissions.

Did I mention you can use this data to manage your Google AdWords PPC campaigns (or maximize your AdSense earnings potential)?

So, how much does this cost?

I like to keep my pricing structures simple. And for good reason -- not every Web site or site owner's needs are the same. If you just need some keyword ideas for a new article or blog post for example, why would you expect to pay the same for a report that caters to those who are planning to create or overhaul a Web site? So, here's what I'm going to do.

• Single Content/Landing/Product Page: $20 -- perfect if you just need a few keywords for an upcoming article/blog post, or need ideas for a new keyword rich domain name.
    • Home and Landing Pages: $50 -- this is a steal for those who are looking to improve their landing pages' rankings, especially for ecommerce sites.
    • Small Web Site (25 pages max): $100 -- great for new and existing sites who are looking to either quickly rank well or need a quick boost of highly targeted quality traffic to their Web sites. Includes the home page, landing pages, and content pages (ideal for small affiliate sites).
    • Large Web Site (more than 25 pages): Ask me -- If you need keywords for every page on your Web site, ask me for a custom rate. I'll look at your Web site and give you the best possible deal for your money.
    Looking to save some money? How does a 25% discount on all orders of $100 or when you give me an honest testimonial sound?

When and how will my report be delivered?

Your customized competitive keyword research and analysis report will be delivered via email to the address you provide within 4-5 business days of sending payment. My business days are Monday through Friday, except for US federal holidays and my birthday (April 27th).

If you are not satisfied with your keyword report for any reason, contact me as soon as possible and I will work with you to resolve it. Should I be unable to find any relevant keywords for your Web site (due to a lack of search data), I'll refund your money immediately -- absolutely no questions asked.

Are you ready to request my keyword research services and get your customized report? Contact me via private message so I can get started right away!

(Note: all prices are in United States Dollars)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    Dan Schulz, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  2. wealthyminds

wealthyminds Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Excellent service.. Do you have a website where you have listed your services?

wealthyminds, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  3. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I do - it's being rebuilt from the ground up though. :)

(Check the "recent blog" link below my username, then add /preview/ to see what it will look like when it goes live.)

Dan Schulz, Oct 6, 2009 IP
  4. stevestuff

stevestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I followed you to this thread from your post here. Looks like you have a good thing here - why no iTraders yet? Do you need a review (discount for me)?

stevestuff, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  5. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I typically don't advertise, hence the lack of iTrader. Normally my time here on Digital Point is taken up by helping others and doing private work for those that contact me via private message. As for the review, it's not required; I figured the 25% discount in exchange for a testimonial on my Web site (when the redesign launches) would be a great incentive for those who are strapped for cash yet still want the best possible service.

I take it you're interested in what I have to offer?

Dan Schulz, Oct 11, 2009 IP
  6. vcss15

vcss15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    man this is awesome article . it change my views alott . thank u very much . learning seo is not difficult if someone get good knowledge from good expert.
    thanks a lot

vcss15, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  7. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It's not an article, it's a sales pitch. But thank you very much anyway, vcss15. I really do appreciate the kind words. :)

Dan Schulz, Oct 18, 2009 IP
  8. Dan Schulz

Dan Schulz Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    (Mods, please don't infract or ban me for bumping this thread. I have a VERY good reason for doing so.)

Folks, I need to ask a very special favor of you. For those who have requested my services and are still waiting on their reports, please be patient. I just got out of the hospital after being treated for influenza, pneumonia and acute nausea (severe vomiting). I'm probably going to need another 5-7 days to recover to the point where I can push those reports out.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

-- Dan

Dan Schulz, Oct 22, 2009 IP
    kingofking and sarsh11 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.