1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword research for SEO and PPC

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cheece2001, Sep 2, 2009.

When doing keyword research for seo and you find some descent ones. Does that mean that those keywords will also be good in ppc or do you have to approach ppc keyword research differently?

How do you find keywords for ppc? What criteria must these keywords meet? Do they have to meat that similar criteria like the ones for SEO where the keywords have a little lower competition but high search volume.

cheece2001, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    u can used readymade seo tool and do manual keyword research as well.

newlogo, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  3. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Active Member

Best Answers:
    For PPC you target the strongest keywords. Those that its hard to focus on organic seo. Depending on your niche, choose the most HOT keywords for PPC capaigns.

Thoughtless, Sep 2, 2009 IP
  4. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobbylove321, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  5. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    Google keywords tool is excellent too, you can use it to search for ppc or seo purpose!

SunstarShop, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  6. SunstarShop

SunstarShop Peon

Best Answers:
    Google keywords tool is excellent too, you can use it to search for ppc or seo purpose!

SunstarShop, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  7. igsmedia

igsmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    The best to do research for ppc keyword, look for more related words, like weightloss, keep thin, shed weight, slimming, thin thight, flat stomach, after you have collected them, then go narrow on each of those words. like, weightloss: weighloss fast, how to loss weight, etc. pick another one again and do that.

igsmedia, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  8. Candise

Candise Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword Research is the very important part of optimizing. Before you can do on page optimization you need to find the right keyword first. Not all of the keywords that is ranking for your site are useful and will bring lot of targeted traffic. That is why you need to do keyword research by using keywords suggestion tool. Google suggestion tool is the best tool to find related and synonyms of keywords. After getting related keywords, find the traffic of each keywords and the number of search result in search engine then compute for KEI of each keywords. The formula of KEI is [ KEI = (traffic/search result)*traffic ] . It is better to target keywords that has high KEI which is greater than 1. If the KEI is less than 1 it only means that the keywords is very competitive or useless to target.

Keyword Suggestion tools that you can use are:

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/
    http://keyworddiscovery.com/keywords.html
    http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/seobook/

To be successful in getting the right keyword you should know the niche and the type business of your client. Think as if you're the owner and the visitors of the site. In this was you can come up with bright ideas in picking the right keywords for your site.

Candise, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  9. cheece2001

cheece2001 Guest

Best Answers:
    ok
    So... you look for less competitive keywords then...right?

cheece2001, Sep 3, 2009 IP
  10. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    I look for less competitive keywords for both PPC and SEO if i'm in a large niche. However, if I'm in a very small niche market, then I'll probably have to compete for the most competitive keywords.

For example, web hosting is a highly competitive niche right now. You might as well forget even competing in the market unless you can narrow it down to something a little more special. Based on my understanding and last time I checked, It cost soemwhere around $11.00 per click for the keyword "web hosting". It just doesn't make economical sense to pay that amount of money for what I was charging, not to mention the fact that not all clicks will convert to sales.

However, if you are selling purple ceramic frogs (probably not even a market for this but you get the idea), you know not many people out there will be searching and selling such a product. You can directly compete and probably get clicks on this keyword for maybe even a nickle a click. You don't need to narrow it down any. So it is all relative to what market you are in for the most part.

One exception I made that was profitable was when I was in the ticket selling business. I was selling Hannah Montana tickets and using PPC for that exact keyword. I was paying about $0.50 - $1.00 per click which wasn't too bad when I was making about $20 - $30 per sale. You'll have to test out what is working and what isn't though. That's the game of PPC. Keep your daily budget low starting out! :)

PHPGator, Sep 3, 2009 IP