1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword ranking tool/ updates & PR

Discussion in 'Google' started by fluke, Jun 23, 2004.

1. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if that is your point you are absolutely correct. But I thought your post suggested that internal pages did not contribute PR and that might confuses people.

The bottom line is PR is 100% arthimetic. It has no relationship to anything other than the PR value of all pages in the linking relationship. It is a number and you can't calculated numbers from content. You calculated numbers from numbers.

compar, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  2. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree Bob, and in addition it might be noted that the way the google ranking mechanism was set up originally (may have changed but there are lots of reasons to believe that the basics remain, but with additions) there is a complete seperation of the PR and anchor text, with PR being added into the equation only after all the relevancy rankings were calculated.

Its also well to remember that the nice little Green google PR bar is NOT pagerank but a graphic representation that was originally "developed just for fun". The numbers that Google use in their PR calculations are not the numbers you see in the toolbar.

Mel, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the confirmation Mel. Nice to see you on this forum.

I think you will enjoy it. To date we still have no moderators other than Shawn and that makes this the best of all the forums to my way of thinking. I can't stand the insufferable modertaors on some of the other forums.

compar, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  4. WilliamC

WilliamC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree on Shawn. He seems totally fair and doesnt abuse the power like on so many other places.

WilliamC, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  5. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I will second that motion, some of these moderators come here to try to get back at me after I leave.

Bob is the worst thing I have to deal with now, but I have learned to like Bob even though he is avoiding me the last couple days.

Most of those other forums will lose members since these moderators are a bunch of content controlling fools. :eek:

anthonycea, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well part (although not all) of it is I don't do SEO for a living, don't offer SEO services, or anything else related to it. The fact of the matter is, I wouldn't do SEO for someone if they offered me $10k/day.

I'm a coder... :)

digitalpoint, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  7. Mel

Mel Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep this is a nice forum, and the moderation seems first rate to me, but then again it is the members who set the tone.

If we had some of the more notorious trolls, or the filibuster posters that I have seen elsewhere it might well be different.

Mel, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    If we had some of the more notorious trolls, or the filibuster posters that I have seen elsewhere it might well be different.

Above is a quote by MEL

I don't know Mel, these guy's say that about me about 4 or 5 times a week, good to see you here, this is the best new hot forum, tell your friends about it. Just don't mention Shawn, we would not want them to leave early. :cool:

anthonycea, Jun 27, 2004 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The interesting thing to me Mel is, is there a cause and effect relationship to the lack of "notorious trolls, or the filibuster posters"? Isn't it just possible that the freedom, tolerance and respect that the members get on this forum contributes to the lack of "notorious trolls, or the filibuster posters"?

My history on forums isn't too stellar. I've been kicked off a couple, and simply don't even bother participating on others, all as the result of control freaks and insufferable moderators. I'm sure I have made posts on this forum that would have gotten my severely warned or chastised on other forums, but because that hasn't happened, I believe that I have very largely been self moderating.

If you show people tolerance and respect I believe they will attempt to live up to that level. If you talk down to them and try and boss them around they are going to resist and fight back.

compar, Jun 28, 2004 IP