1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword ranking in google very weird

Discussion in 'Google' started by lonking, May 24, 2012.

Recently, one of my keyword ranking is very weird. The first day i checked, it ranked in the 3rd page, the second day it dropped to 12th page, what's weird is that in the third day it returns back to the 3rd page. This situation happens to the keyword a lot. The other keywords rankings are quite stable. I did none of black hats and i update the website regularly. So, what's wrong?

lonking, May 24, 2012 IP
  2. xtremeapp

xtremeapp Peon

Best Answers:
    I have also noticed some of the very odd things happening in Google search engine when it comes to keywords. As when i search something one day i witness different results while i witness a great change in results the very next day, i am also not sure what is happening. I guess its all happening due to the Google Penguin!

xtremeapp, May 25, 2012 IP
  3. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sometimes it happens when you are logged in with Gmail and make a search you find some different results that is your site will be ranking higher and when you see the same keyword results logging off your account you may find your websites far from which you have seen when logged in.

imranamen6, May 26, 2012 IP
  4. rubeljoy

rubeljoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it happens. Don't know actually the cause. Idea given by imranamen6 is quite impressive. It could be a reason.

rubeljoy, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  5. captainluffy

captainluffy Member

Best Answers:
    This may be a googlebot effect.

captainluffy, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  6. William21

William21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Always perform thr search logged out of your gmail account

William21, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  7. jessicamoises

jessicamoises Peon

Best Answers:
    Drop in the keyword ranking would be because of Google's penguin update.

jessicamoises, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  8. lelando

lelando Member

Best Answers:
    your site could be dancing in google or maybe you got a penguin slap from google is this a new site you launched recently?if it is then its probably just dncing most of my sites that do this comes back stronger after a week or so

lelando, Jun 10, 2012 IP
  9. Junel

Junel Peon

Best Answers:
    This happens to me and continue dropping... whats the best solution for this?

Junel, Jun 18, 2012 IP
  10. Andres Solutions

Andres Solutions Member

Best Answers:
    This may be of different cause:

1. It may if from you browser settings, bots, etc. As stated above when you login in gmail, google puts settings in ur browser, sites u visited most, and all other things that will not show you the reality when doing a web search. I advice you installing a software and cleaning you registry, and cake data from browsers. U may consider installing a new browser and never login in that browser to your gmail. Then repeat the searches at least 3 days. You may be suprised at what you find.

2. If you site has backlinks and I assume it does, maybe does sites had/have baclinks that were affected by Google Panda Update. If those sites get really affected by the update, and they link to you, then your rankings for the keyword that has links to those sites may "dance" a bit, until Google decided what to do with them. Do step one to see if something changes and if its the same, than most probably is step 2, and I would advice waiting some time, and see what happens.

Hope this helps
    Regards

Andres Solutions, Jun 22, 2012 IP