1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword placement in name

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by jeeplaw, Nov 17, 2005.

During one of my late night domain name searches last night, I stumbled across I think a pretty profitable adsense niche. I'm a firm believer in getting keywords in the domain name, so with that preface, what has worked for you, and what hasn't worked for you in regards to..

www.redbikesTODAY.com (red bikes is a definite search term..but with the TODAY tacked on - since redbikes.com was taken - does it the domain name take a hit? Does having redbikes in the beginning of the domain make it better than having it placed towards the last 2/3s of the domain name?

www.generalpracticeS.com (people wouldn't type in general practices to search, but they'd definately search under general practice)

The basic assumption here is that I can populate the domains with fresh content and not have it be a filler site. And no, these two examples aren't the domains I was thinking about. ;)

Thoughts or opinions?

jeeplaw, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  2. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    i also like the idea of keywords in domain names...

i don't think it makes a huge difference, but it may make a little difference EVERYDAY... and that can add up nicely.

good luck.
    mike

DomainLoot, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  3. jeeplaw

jeeplaw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mike, I've made this work for me before, in fact I'm currently hitting some home runs with some holiday named/themed sites, so I think it's definately helped.

But now, with this new niche, all the good, commonly used domains are taken. So I'm resorting to tacking other words on to the "keyword1keyword2" formula. We'll see in a couple of weeks if it works for my quick-strike mentality in SERP for a new site.

jeeplaw, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  4. DomainLoot

DomainLoot Guest

Best Answers:
    great.

also > i'm no expert, but... some search engines seem to like "keyworded" domains too, so... WHY NOT... if you can.....................within reason. :)

mike

DomainLoot, Nov 17, 2005 IP