1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Mapping: Is there any logic to it?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by the_goog, Dec 26, 2006.

Does anyone know how Yahoo! Search Marketing's keyword mapping works? It seems to be totally random in my experience. For instance, if you have a keyword that is sometime used as one word, but other times can be used as two words, yahoo's keyword mapping seems to be very inconsistant. It would be nice if there was some sort of standard logic to this, but this does not seem to be the case. Anyone have any experience with this or suggestions? Otherwise it seems as advertisers we just have to try every keyword combination and see what happens. :)
    Thanks in advance.

the_goog, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. enhancedconcepts

enhancedconcepts Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah - I don't see any consistency. I recommend taking the time to do the keyword research and developing your own combinations. Plus for conversion purposes, it is better to track each keyword individually so you can learn what converts best and where to optimize. It takes more time and effort but the ROI is far greater in the end.

And with Yahoo's new quality scoring, you want to increase the relevancy of your keywords to ensure a higher CTR, stronger ad copy and a more relevant landing page.

enhancedconcepts, Feb 17, 2007 IP