1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword is stuck. Ranking not increasing.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by lizzycaplon, Apr 14, 2012.

they always change what matters and what doesn't matter. So have the keywords meta tag, you never know when it will be important again...

lizzycaplon, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  2. Mohamedshajid

Mohamedshajid Member

Best Answers:
    What is your keyword.

Mohamed Shajid
    Internettechie

Mohamedshajid, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  3. upendra.rathore1989

upendra.rathore1989 Peon

Best Answers:
    plz describe which keyword you r using i will surely help u

upendra.rathore1989, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  4. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    The five people are obviously not optimizing the keyword very well. You should try to hire experts or change your keyword.

chinasa, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  5. Mohamedshajid

Mohamedshajid Member

Best Answers:
    Here When you choosing a correct keyword, make sure choose the low competitons keywords and Choose the Exact button in the left side on adwords.google.com

Mohamedshajid, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  6. webpantheon

webpantheon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your keyword is not more competitive but. I thing the five people is not working properly. You should provide this work to experienced SEO expert.

webpantheon, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  7. oandw

oandw Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to ranking quickly in the search engines it is very important you dedicate as much time as possible to doing keyword research and finding low competition keywords to go after.

Here is a simple technique I use to determined how competitive a keyword is:

- Get traffic travis (the free version) and use it to analyze the top 10 results for potential keywords you want to get

- The goal is to find atleast 2 sites ranking on the top 10 that have 0 PR and 0 Backlinks to that specific page that is ranking

- Make sure to look to see if the keyword is in the title, if they use it in the description or have an h1 tag (traffic travis makes it easy by showing you a red X when the site does not use the keyword and it shows a green check mark when the site is optimizing for the keyword.

Once you make sure of these factors you should be good to go. As for this current keyword check out the competition and see if is really worth it to keep investing into it. Also make sure yo keep building links DO NOT STOP ;)

oandw, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  8. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are worried about this now, I think you are going hit a double whammy when you do eventually get to where you want to be. A first page ranking is just one small piece of this puzzle. It does not guarantee you traffic. Ranking is something you work on over a period of time and only one of the first steps you take in an internet marketing campaign. This is something most clients struggle to understand.
    You need a plan. You also need the patience of a fisherman
    There are no quick fixes
    Just a slow and steady roll out

Don't worry too much. Just keep building back links that are going to last and vary the techniques you use. Remember more haste less speed.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    khanter, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  9. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are in need of a great planning on your SEO activities... Make sure that you are not over promoting your keyword other your website may get punished.

JoomlaDesigner, Apr 14, 2012 IP
  10. captain1821

captain1821 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do the following...

1. Add a keywords meta tag and add your best 3 to 4 keywords there including the keyword "Toronto Airport Limo".

2. Change the content of your page. Try to include the keyword "Toronto Airport Limo" between of 3% to 5% of total words.

3. Within the content, put your keyword in bold once and in Italics once.

4. Create an XML sitemap and link it at the bottom of your page. Submit that sitemap at google's webmasters tools.

5. I do not know what are you doing about offsite SEO but you need to find websites and forums relevant to your website and get links from there...

Follow my instructions and let us know the results...

captain1821, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  11. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Does Google look at the key words meta tag? It never used to. As I understand it the meta tags are for info purposes only.

khanter, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  12. captain1821

captain1821 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google always looks at the meta tags. Meta tags were created to be read by the search engine robots. Meta tags are important for onsite SEO.

13. khanter

khanter Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't agree. I used check from time to time to see it they make a difference in the serp's. But I must admit I haven't tried recently.

khanter, Apr 15, 2012 IP
  14. captain1821

captain1821 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems you are right about the keywords meta tag...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK7IPbnmvVU

But do not forget that there are other search engines out there, so using that meta tag is always good.

Also check out this video about the meta tags

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBTBEfd7z_Y

they always change what matters and what doesn't matter. So have the keywords meta tag, you never know when it will be important again...

15. uoftenwinny

uoftenwinny Peon

Best Answers:
    Keyword maybe related to contents I think.
    Or change another one, see if it's low competition.

uoftenwinny, May 21, 2012 IP