1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword in URL

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Lawsuit, Apr 24, 2005.

How much effect does keyword in URL have? Do it have more effect then keywords in body? Or does it just count as one more keyword on page?

Thanks!

Lawsuit, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  2. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    *bu-bu-bu-BUMP!* :)

Lawsuit, Apr 24, 2005 IP
  3. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    *be-bu-bu-e-do-ba-be-bo-bop-ba-bu-bu-BUMP!*

What do we have so far...

Looking good...

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  4. Freebies

Freebies Peon

Best Answers:
    It helps a great deal in MSN but so does just about anything else with this MSN thing.
    As for Google it may rank you a spot or two higher but it means very little.

Let me ask you this: Would you seach for keywords in URLs if you really needed to find something? If not than why should it help a website in the SERPS?

Freebies, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  5. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    First off thanks for the reply. Hmmm... Yeah, But I do often click on links that contain the keywords I searched for in URL because google makes them bold, I don't think I would click on them above any of the others if google didn't make them bold though.

I am happy then because I was finally able to modify my CMS to rewrite with the keywords in the URL.

When I origanaly post this, my URLs came out like this url.com/article# now they come out url.com/title-of-article-vc# I was in a state of denially and I was going around asking people to tell me its ok not to have keyword in URL, the thing is, I am a perfectionist, also known as having Obsesive Compulsive Disorder (though mild compared to most cases of this disorder) if somethings not perfect and I can't fix it I will waste 2-3 days asking "is this ok, is this ok" then while I am asking if it's ok not to be perfect, I try to fix the problem -_- it sucks but yeah...

Anyways, I am making my own Content Managing Software I will show you guys when I am done with it, I have been working on it for about a week.

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  6. altoid

altoid Guest

Best Answers:
    It may help, but probably not that much. It may even be one of the many the factors in the SE algorythms, but only Google knows for sure. Get the domain if you can, but don't not be on the Net if you can't get it.

altoid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  7. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    You mean I should get a domain for my site now even if there's no site up or just an empty Content Manager that I am working on?

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP