1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword in domain or not?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Wojtekk, Nov 29, 2014.

I'm thinking about domain name for my brand in Construction Industry.

The main keyword there is "renovations" and I know that exact match domain for example - home-renovations.com is not what Google likes now, but do I need to avoid keyword "renovations" in domain name at all? or it can be some name like - mkrenovations(from Mike renovations) and sth like that?

Wojtekk, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  2. O-D-T

O-D-T Member

Best Answers:
    I have a very good experience with keywords in the domain. Why do you think Google does not like it?

O-D-T, Nov 29, 2014 IP
  3. EssayPartner

EssayPartner Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's better for you to use keyword in your domain name.

EssayPartner, Dec 4, 2014 IP
  4. AMJAlienServers

AMJAlienServers Peon

Best Answers:
    I do not see a reason why you should not use your brand name with the renovation word when you buy the domain, although you are looking to make your brand known locally I guess and in the end the name should be irrelevant if is for local business.
    You could as well go with the brand name only in the domain if is local business.

AMJAlienServers, Dec 4, 2014 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  5. Mazurian

Mazurian Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use keyword in few of my domains and that sites are ranked in top10 so I don't think that Google don't like it. If your business is connected with renovation why you shouldn't show it to potential visitors?

Mazurian, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  6. bharataggarwal155

bharataggarwal155 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it affective

bharataggarwal155, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  7. jojogiuffra

jojogiuffra Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, definitely your Keyword should be in the domain. Another tip: if you have a local business and the city is important, a strategy domain would be: SanFranciscoRenovations.com (Keyword + Local).

jojogiuffra, Dec 12, 2014 IP
  8. Ranjita Ghosh

Ranjita Ghosh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your keyword should be in the domain.That will not be an issue and will not effect negatively your website.

Ranjita Ghosh, Dec 17, 2014 IP
  9. Kralj187

Kralj187 Member

Best Answers:
    If keyword in domain name is available I would say go for it. Of course if you are trying to build a brand site then it doesn't really matter much.

Kralj187, Dec 20, 2014 IP
  10. neteater

neteater Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    keyword in doamin is good for business.

neteater, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  11. Adrian235

Adrian235 Member

Best Answers:
    You can have it both ways. All depends on what type of promotional strategy you will use. The truth is that it does help a little to have renovations in the domain name but branding is a whole lot more important than you may think right now. As someone said, if your company is Wojtek (pure example), a domain name like WojtekRenovations.com can help you to reach the search engines faster. however, if you could get something like Wojtek and you understand how to do proper local SEO, together with good social media and link building, you do not really need that extra keyword. All depends on your knowledge at the moment. Be honest with yourself! If you do know how to rank sites well, you do not need that renovations addition to the domain name. If you do not know much about SEO, you are better off adding it since any little bit of help can increase chances that you will get what you are looking for: clients.

Adrian235, Jan 14, 2015 IP
  12. pawanseolinks

pawanseolinks Guest

Best Answers:
    I recommend using keywords in domain name ! But, Keep in mind domain should be minimum characters. We use long characters domain for local business or services. If your services is world wide then use small and the best domain hope it will help you !

pawanseolinks, Jan 15, 2015 IP
  13. PLRProducts.xyz

PLRProducts.xyz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been involved in SEO and Internet marketing for nearly 11 years now. Am I old? No, but that's beside the point.

Anyhow, way back in the day when I was a newbie, everyone knew that there was only one way to go when choosing your domain names and that was to use your targeted keyword(s) in the domain name.
    This practice was the accepted standard then and continued to be embraced by the online marketing community for many years. Although, in today's times it has been rumored to be an ineffective tactic, and many supporters of this theory are convinced that such practices are frowned upon by Google, I couldn't disagree more.
    Since the beginning of my career I have listened to the hype and even at times participated in the furtherance of similar theories. Today, I can say that I'm a little older and a little wiser than I was yesterday.
    It seems that too many people these days read an article online one day and all of a sudden freak out and change their entire marketing plan or SEO practices, concerning themselves over what Google like and what Google don't like. All based on something they merely heard or saw somewhere rather than basing their practices on what they see with their own eyes.
    Rather than indulging in what you are being told, why not see for yourself. Don't be a follower but instead, lead! That's how I approach the situation. Don't base your practices on what appears to be the standard. Instead you should exceed by setting your own standards.
    There is one thing that is inevitable when it comes to the internet and that is "change".
    With that being said, a lot of people are attempting to anticipate changes where changes aren't due. Things do move and change at an incredibly fast pace, and in order to keep up you have to stay on top of it by running your own experiments and making observations.
    So people are saying that exact-match domains are no longer the standard in Google's eyes.
    I say, Google sometimes spread rumors in a desperate attempt to prevent abuse of the system and of course to try and throw competitors off their game. They run the largest search engine and the most successful in the game and everyone is constantly looking at ways to beat them by manipulating the system and improve their rankings. It is my personal belief that they are at the heart of a lot of false rumors so that people never really figure out a way to beat the system... And of course so that their competition doesn't outdo them.
    Anyhow, I'm going to stop talking bad about Google or I may wake up tomorrow with all my sites wiped out of their search engine.
    So back to the topic at hand, a simple test of the sites that are coming up on the front page of Google for certain keywords will prove without a reasonable doubt that EXACT MATCH DOMAINS get more love from Google than domains that do not contain the keyword at all.

PLRProducts.xyz, Jan 18, 2015 IP
  14. shamimfresh105

shamimfresh105 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah, some time-domain plays the rule of the main keyword.

shamimfresh105, Aug 17, 2021 IP
  15. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, keyword in domain is enough to be good, but i think if give strong for search engine optimization at all dont give any impact.

irfansyah, Aug 17, 2021 IP