1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword in domain name

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by kuglermd, Mar 9, 2010.

What you think keyword in domain name has any SEO benefit at all. From visitor or user point of view you can it is easy to remember. But I am thinking about” anchor text “. Is it helpful to get any technical benefit from keyword or anchor text in domain name? I saw many web sites rank well in major search engine without having any close keyword in domain name. Please give your valuable comment.

kuglermd, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  2. niche101

niche101 Peon

Best Answers:
    its massive. Google any long tail keyword and chances are there is a exact match with 0 links pointing to it

niche101, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  3. SEO_Pirate

SEO_Pirate Peon

Best Answers:
    Its better to place your keyword in your domain name rather then not do it. If it is a possible then i strongly suggest you do it.

SEO_Pirate, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  4. crumblepie

crumblepie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are going to create a brand (eg. Twitter), go for keywords in the domain - it contributes to SEO but is not the only factor.

crumblepie, Mar 9, 2010 IP
    PascalSundhar likes this.
  5. australiaseo

australiaseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Search engines consider On-page and Off-page factors of a web-page to rank in the results. Keyword placement in the domain comes under On-page factor and certainly it is a standard principle to use keyword in Domain for better results!

australiaseo, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  6. Grafton7

Grafton7 Member

Best Answers:
    It helps to have the keyword in the domain, but inbound links with the anchor text that use the keywords you want to attract is more important.

Grafton7, Mar 9, 2010 IP
    PascalSundhar likes this.
  7. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All my domain have two or less keywords in them .... they rank high ... get smaller traffic ...BUT the keyword here it more targeted traffic .. from Google yahoo msn .... their many advantages and they all resemble search... Google is a search engine thier for why not help them and put keywords thier .. or come closer to it than others ...................... whats your target nice? what market you want to hit uniques off of?

Aaron111, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  8. andy.flintoff5

andy.flintoff5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's the no.1 thing to shoot for and the BEST in terms of SEO.

I'm becoming a master in it ;)

andy.flintoff5, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  9. CJ.Online

CJ.Online Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh yeah, Definitely place your keyword in your domain name if you can.

CJ.Online, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  10. mekongtours

mekongtours Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain names containing keywords are very good, age domains are also highly valued, the brand you build is important, for what you want to develop.

mekongtours, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  11. Pavol

Pavol Peon

Best Answers:
    It has some value, but I would not over-rate it. Many, and I mean MANY sites do not have any keywords in them, many of them have just a name of the person, and yet, they rank very high for competitive words and have high traffic. Still, if I can, I always use keyword in my domain names, simply to indicate what the site is about. But I say there are much more important factors that define your site rank and your search engine position.
    PS: you can make a test, for example enter some generic keywords in Google and see, if the keyword.com site pops up. For example toys.com is on the front page for keyword 'toys', but for example Walmart is before it. Just an example.

Pavol, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  12. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Pavol .. the sites that get very high for competitive words and have high traffic are paid traffic ... it cost to much money in Google adwords to promote ... the domain era is about relevancy .... in domain names ....

Aaron111, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  13. Pavol

Pavol Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try it for some open source, or free things. For example keyword "blog" returns bunch of sites with the word "blog" in the domain name, but for example Wordpress is second, then there's wikipedia, livejournal.com, technorati..... I don't think this is paid traffic.

Pavol, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  14. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree completely with this. Keywords in the domain can be helpful for SEO but it is not the only factor, domain age is also a huge factor for determining the rankings.

Traffic-Bug, Mar 9, 2010 IP
  15. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Aaron111, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  16. keefy1972

keefy1972 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's as much about how many times the keyword appears in the total URL. Like Wordpress, sure blog is not in the main url, but how many urls does WP have that has the word blog in it? Millions I am guessing.

keefy1972, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  17. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    I agree above ... I use to get high ranks for that ,, recently Google stop offering that traffic ... meaning less traffic for the word blog in the domain ... am sorry

Aaron111, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  18. thememodify

thememodify Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the best way google will crawl your site. You need to use your keyword for your domain name.

thememodify, Mar 10, 2010 IP
  19. joshua_gelwicks

joshua_gelwicks Peon

Best Answers:
    Trying to get a domain name that will match up with your keywords is going to be difficult to do anymore. Why? Well, because mostly all one word domain names have been used and two word domain names are next so your only option will be "phrase type" domain names unless you pay big money for the for mentioned one or two name domain names. The good thing is, phrase type domains are becoming popular so it will be even more of a benefit if your domain name is more of a phrase than a standard name. For example, if your business is selling used car tires in ten buck two, then a domain name like tenbucktwotires.com is probably A.) going to be available and 2.) will provide you with rich content for keyword SEO. You can really take that a long way. Most website developers will say, stick to a small, one or two word domain name, but I do not agree with this. I have built many sites with phrase domains that did just as well, if not better, than the more traditional domain names.

joshua_gelwicks, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  20. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    I agree here ..also name all youre jpgs after the domain name too ............lol :)

Aaron111, Mar 12, 2010 IP