1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword in a domain vs meomorable domain

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by web_junkie, May 20, 2015.

I have client for which I am doing some online marketing. He has two domains right now on has some good keywords along with the initials of his company something like wwgoodkeywords dot com. The other is more like a memorable that has little value on keywords , but I believe it will be easy for clients to remember, etc. Which one you think a should use for SEO porpuses. I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    web_junkie, May 20, 2015 IP
  2. Get Rich Methods

Get Rich Methods Peon

Best Answers:
    It honestly depends on the memorable domain. Does it communicate the right image to the target audience? Can they spell it easily enough? Keywords have decidedly less relevant in modern SEO but having the term in your domain can still impact traffic growth and even sales conversions in a positive way. Give you an example. Let's say I'm selling Blue Widgets. Someone types buy blue widgets into Google and sees 2 domains:

1. GRMBlueWidgets.com
    2. Widgeteeee.com

GRMBlueWidgets.com will get the majority of the clicks if those 2 domains are seen together in SERPS.

In all honest, it's just as easy to rank either domain. If it's an SEO issue - go with the keyword. If your traffic is primarily coming from socials, however, you might want to consider something more memorable.

Tom

Get Rich Methods, May 20, 2015 IP
  3. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tom,

thanks for the responds. Yes I heard that lately Google does not take domain keywords that much into consideration. back to the widget sample to illustrate it better . It will be something like:

1.-mbwidgetrentals.com
    2.- bluewidgetservices.com

the keyword which I will be shooting for in this case would be "blue widget rentals"(2000 a month) which is the on that gets the most traffic and "blue widget services" (0 a month). Knowing this which one you will chose for both SEO and offline marketing purposes.

thanks

Amaru

4. Get Rich Methods

Get Rich Methods Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd grab MBBlueWidgetRentals.com

But, it really depends on the market. Don't take my advice as gospel here, because a lot of relevant variables are unknown. Example: real estate. If you were running a real estate website, and looking for SEO traffic mostly, you'd try to secure a relevant domain extension (.com, .co.uk, etc) for your agency's name. You'd then acquire relevant local EMDs to act as satellites. That would be one way.

Tom

Get Rich Methods, May 20, 2015 IP
  5. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, yes I will do a little research on a combination of the words as pairs and see which one is worth more. Although, the idea of getting the whole keyword with the initials is not bad. Definitely doing the satellites is an option but depends on the client budget too. Thanks a lot for the advice.

6. web_junkie

web_junkie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the articles, really interesting. After reading them and some others, I have come to the conclusion that a brandable domain is a better choice than a keyword rich domain for online marketing overall. However, launching campaigns with keyword rich domains or having satellite sites with this domains as suggested by GRM are good strategies for increasing traffic to your site as they increase CTR.

web_junkie, May 22, 2015 IP