1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword density

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by kiddoz, Dec 30, 2005.

hi everyone!
    what's the best keyword density???

kiddoz, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  2. Michael

Michael Raider

Best Answers:
    Hi kiddoz - you might find this short article on keyword density useful.

- Michael

Michael, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  3. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    My opinion is that that article sucks... Keyword density is very important for SEO. It isn't sure which is the optimum KD, but most of the people consider that 7% is optimal. You can go to 10-12%, but this can get you banned ;) a frind of mine got banned for some keywords because of that :(

adolix, Dec 30, 2005 IP
  4. tumes21

tumes21 Guest

Best Answers:
    that sucks

tumes21, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Seems unlikely to me. I think the article at http://www.seo-blog.com/keyword-density.php makes a lot of sense.

See also:

http://www.seobook.com/archives/000754.shtml

http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/Mar05/garcia.html

minstrel, Dec 31, 2005 IP
    cagintranet likes this.
  6. adolix

adolix Peon

Best Answers:
    The last link is interesting...

Ministrel, a couple of months ago, some pages of mine were not in the first 2 pages of Gugal for the keywords i was fighting for. Than we tried to improve the KD, and after 1 week we were in the first page in the SERPs. So i still beleive in KD...

adolix, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  7. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I have never paid any real attention to keyword density. My advice is simple:

1. Write so that it looks like your page was created by a human being for your visitors, not by a spam-generator-bot, and make sure it describes what the page is about - do that, and your primary search terms for that page will in all likelihood show up on the page a couple of times.

2. Then, if you find relevant search terms for which you don't rank very well, try to work those additional words into the page content, again in a "natural" not spammy way

3. Do what you can to use the major search terms in anchor text in your backlinks (e.g., from other sites, directories, even internal linking)

4. Make sure the most important search terms are included at the beginning of your page title

5. Use image <alt> text that is related to your images but also includes important search terms

minstrel, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  8. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Minstrel gives good advice. I write for my visitors but I do also check my density. I try to stay between 5-7% for that pages key term. Anything more and it just looks spammy.

Remember, with a strong site all you need is for the search term to apper ONE time on the page and it will likely rank good. The sites that have to keyword stuff to get to the top don't belong there anyways, and won't last long there.

mdvaldosta, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Keyword density is somewhat of a myth perpetuated by articles that do the rounds and then get spouted as 'fact' rather than the speculative guessworks they originally began as.

Dr. Garcia's article headline sums it up very well: "The Keyword Density of Non-Sense"

mcfox, Jan 1, 2006 IP