1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

keyword density

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by hmilesjr, Jul 1, 2005.

I have a question about keyword density. What is considered the ideal percentage range for good ranking in SERPs for Yahoo and Google?

hmilesjr, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I've tried all sorts of keyword densities and none seem to have any effect on Google.

I don't know much of anything about Yahoo.

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  3. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    Key word density is a myth. I have sites with 48% KWD and some with 2% KWD and they are number 1.

D

bigdoug, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  4. seo_expert

seo_expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It may be that in this case Off-page factors are playing a big role and 'cos of which the site is ranking high.

I really don't think that keyword density is a mith.. It just that each keyword is associated with factors which you need to know to really optimize your website for that keyword.

For instance, a certain keyword can be easily promoted with off-page factors link using it as Anchor text for your links...other keywords can be promoted with On-page optimization..

So, youy really need to know which keyword is promoted thru Off-page or On-page factors..this can be done thru Competitive Analysis fo that keyword..

seo_expert, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  5. driven

driven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read an interesting article by SEOchat that Big G only accpets 2-3 percent KWD. yahoo will go higher. In fact, there are many sites that are keyword spamming and still rank high on Yahoo (think mortgages).

The problem is that you if optimize the site properly for Y and your KWD is only 5 percent, which is acceptable, then you are *supposedly* spamming Google because it's 3% higher than the accepted standards for them. When I get a chance, I'll dig up the article that I'm referencing to.

driven, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would advice people not to spent time optimizing your keyword density, instead try and work on building content, adding fresh pages, getting links from good sites etc.

Keyword density is not at all an important factor now a days, specially for google.

Here is a must read article on keyword density that would really change your opinion on the issue.

Read it..

http://www.e-marketing-news.co.uk/Mar05/garcia.html

seodelhi, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Top Three Rules of SEO:

1. Create original content.
    2. Create more original content.
    3. Create even more original content.

Will.Spencer, Jul 1, 2005 IP
    debunked likes this.
  8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Honestly, I really dont fuss over keyword density. Never have, never will as I think it plays an insignificant factor in rankings. Do good keyword research and make sure you include the important keywords in your copy, just dont fuss over it IMHO.

dcristo, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    48% KWD :eek: Thats probably drawing a very thin line. I cant imagine copy containing a particular keyword that much and still read well?

dcristo, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  10. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the replies. I posted this because I posted my http://www.quoteforinsurance.com to the Website Review board and was told my keyword density was too high so I changed it up some.

My site is about insurance - auto insurance, car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, medical insurance are just some of the keywords. Altrough the 2 word terms are now between 4%-9% it is putting the single term "insurance" at close to 20% (maybe more)

I just am wondering if that is still too high?

hmilesjr, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  11. bigdoug

bigdoug Peon

Best Answers:
    bigdoug, Jul 2, 2005 IP