1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword density issue

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by drhfinegifts, Feb 25, 2006.

Does Google (or any other SE, for that matter) penalize a 2- or 3-word keyword phrase if any one-word phrased is density heavy?

In other words, I am targeting the phrases 'discount perfume', 'designer perfume', 'brand name perfume' and 'discount designer perfume'.

Notice there is alot of 'perfume' in the phrases, but I'm not targeting that single keyword. I don't expect to ever be ranked high for 'perfume' and I don't care.

Because I have so many occurences of that one word, will it bring down the effect I am trying to achieve for the keyword PHRASES?

drhfinegifts, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  2. hooperman

hooperman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your copy sounds natural when you read it out, it's fine. If it sounds unnatural and awkward because you're trying to cram your keywords in, it probably needs rewriting.

Think of your users too. It's no use having a site that ranks well, but turns potential customers off because it looks spammy.

hooperman, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  3. Melissa

Melissa Guest

Best Answers:
    I have an article on my site that mentions a subject numerous times. I was worried about what SEs would think, but it really just boosted my rankings, and quick. I went from a number 9 ranking to number 1 on google.

Melissa, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  4. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps they have something that measures how close it is mentioned to the last etc etc.

If you are writing naturally it wont be a problem, because it doesnt sound natural to write them close together.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  5. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No... The effect is really the same. It's a matter of not spamming with a certain keyword occurance though.

Try not to exceed a 5% occurance rate, with any of your words, out of the total 100% text in the page.

Be sure to also include your main phrases together, and not split, so that in a "" Google search, like "brand name perfume", would return results.

Moving further to your optimization, a link to your website with the anchor "brand name perfume" would give a lower weight to each one of those words, like for : brand, name and perfume.

But if you used "brand perfume" the weight addresed to each of the two words would increase a lot.

And so on, with "perfume".

Cristian Mezei, Feb 27, 2006 IP
  6. AjiNIMC

AjiNIMC Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you make it high? if yes you are inviting trouble if no then relax

AjiNIMC, Feb 27, 2006 IP