1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword deletion strategy

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Yo-Yo32, Feb 12, 2012.

I've been doing quite a lot of reading up about about AdWords, and the general principle is you create a list of keywords, as many as you can possibly think of that are related, and then remove keywords that aren't performing well. But how do you determine that a keyword isn't performing? I mean, so long as people are clicking on it then what's the harm in just letting it run? Why bother deleting it?

Yo-Yo32, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  2. Pandanger

Pandanger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google analytics will show you what keywords draw people to your site, plus adwords/analytics will tell you the amount of time the person spent on your site. It's good to know what keywords aren't working because you spend money on adwords, so it's better to spend the money on keywords that give you a return.

Pandanger, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  3. M8INTERNET

M8INTERNET Member

Best Answers:
    There isn't really any need to think about the keywords, select the relevant categories to the website content

I compare the keywords CTR against AW Stats
    I retain anything over 10% and suspend anything below 1%

Obviously trends change so you need to monitor over various periods; week, month, quarter
    As an example I have to enable some keywords depending on the season

M8INTERNET, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  4. georgescifo

georgescifo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you use the ADwords Conversion stuff, then you can clearly get an idea on which keywords are performing better and which one are being converted into sales or lead. This is the best tool to find out which keywords need to be removed from the list.

georgescifo, Feb 12, 2012 IP
  5. lorraine02

lorraine02 Member

Best Answers:
    And we didn't get the good effect what they have tell us. and we are using it later to accumulate the focus, and be better in future!

lorraine02, Feb 13, 2012 IP