1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Analysising on Google

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by minckle, Dec 17, 2004.

What is the best way to analyse keywords on google?? ive bin looking at the digitalpoint website which does it for WordTracker and Overture.

I beleive Overture is MSN - is this correct

Basically i want to type in a series of keywords and see how many times they have bin searched for in Google.

minckle, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  2. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    For results try Google Suggest - http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

For number of searches I believe you'll have to just draw conclusions based on Overture and WordTracker. I don't know if Google makes info avaiable about their search counts... I would imagine it would closely resemble that of WT and Overture though.

That said I believe those programs are great for comparing two terms - seeing which is searched more and to what degree, but I think little to no faith should be put in the actual numbers. I know for some of the sites I optimize for I (and other optimizing webmasters) probably account for a significant portion of the actual searches, just in checking out the results...

ephricon, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  3. miko67

miko67 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very cool tip you got there - had to try it out immediatly :) my day is good again.

As for the other part regarding overture and wordtracker I think all will concur.

miko67, Jan 7, 2005 IP
  4. daamsie

daamsie Peon

Best Answers:
    Running an Adwords campaign is really the best way of finding out what the most popular terms are for Google. Google does some estimating for how effective search terms will be as well, which can be a pretty useful thing.

Another thing to find out how competitive a search term is, is to look at how many advertisers there are for that term. Usually, the harder it is to get up in the serps, the more ads you will see :) If you have an adwords account, you can get an idea of how much that ad might cost, which gives an even better indication. It can help you decide which ones are worth targeting.

daamsie, Jan 8, 2005 IP