1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Key words vs. Company name in the domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Andrzej Wilczynski, Dec 30, 2021.

This has been probably discussed many times, but it would be nice to have up-to-date input. Should one go with a domain name that represents company name or product? I would probably suggest to my client to register both anyway, but he'll need to decide which one to use as the main one. Google in Canada shows 3.5 million results on the search for these key words and I do believe users will use them searching for this product. Sorry, but I am not able to release these keywords to make it easier.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Dec 30, 2021 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    John Mueller was asked this very question:

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...U3AsEQ7xYoAHoECAEQMQ&biw=1280&bih=577&dpr=1.5

Google's John Mueller: Keywords in Domain Name Aren't Needed. A keyword in a domain name will not help a website rank for that keyword, says Google's John Mueller. Google's John Mueller advises SEOs and site owners there's no ranking benefit associated with having keywords in a domain name. (As of Sep 15, 2020).

qwikad.com, Jan 1, 2022 IP
    Andrzej Wilczynski likes this.
  3. UpgradeIT.ro

UpgradeIT.ro Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best would be a combination of a site-specific keyword and a unique name.

UpgradeIT.ro, Jan 1, 2022 IP
  4. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Especially for the link to John Mueller's article.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jan 2, 2022 IP
  5. VortexAlpha

VortexAlpha Member

Best Answers:
    I know that many people think that putting product name is a better way for achieving higher ranking, but I wouldn't recommend it if you plan to do your business seriously. For good reputation, recognition, and for establishing a trust relationship with your customers, you will need to aim for your company name and make a brand of it, as that way people will connect more with you which will eventually lead to more purchases. Don't go after quick results, go after the quality ones.

VortexAlpha, Jan 5, 2022 IP
  6. Andrzej Wilczynski

Andrzej Wilczynski Member

Best Answers:
    I understand branding, but in reality not everyone will be as known as for example Nike Coca-Cola or Amazon. Brand is important, but I think for small, medium business finding a niche is more important and getting know for the product they offer.

Andrzej Wilczynski, Jan 6, 2022 IP