1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kevin Spacey and House of Cards

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by Perov, Mar 7, 2018.

The last season "House of Cards" will begin soon, but without Kevin Spacey who played the main role. I am so annoyed by the fact that he was suspended from work, that I really want to hear the opinion of other people. To my mind, he repented of the deed, brought apologies, and he is not so bad as to just take and throw him in the trash.

Perov, Mar 7, 2018 IP
  2. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I watched the first four seasons of "House of Cards" but didn't get into season five, and doubt I will. This was before the recent allegations against Kevin Spacey, which are totally irrelevant to my decision to stop watching it. The show started to get too complicated and dark and it was going in a direction I wasn't interested in following. The Underwoods have to resort to more and more machinations and darker deeds to keep their hold on power. Perhaps this was the plan all along, hence the name of the show, "House of Cards."

However, to me, the story was getting too clichéd: leaders' hold on power becomes ever more shaky, they manipulate peoples' fear of terrorism to convince the populace to solidify their power, the perceived threat of terrorism is fed to consolidate ever more power, until the people are finally run by, effectively, a dictatorship and are constantly in a state of fear. And then they finally realize it was all a ruse to allow their leaders to gain more and more control of their lives. Perhaps it is just me, but there are too many shows like that already, and I decided I didn't want to watch another one. (Were the writers running out of new ideas?)

In any case, this situation with Kevin Spacey certainly threw a monkey wrench into their plans--whatever they might have been.

Not sure what will happen to Mr. Spacey, I stopped following the story. I still believe in the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. But, even if he is proven innocent, the damage will already have been done. It's not like everybody will shake hands, turn back time, and carry on like nothing happened. Today, simply the accusation can do a lot of harm, and that is being abused by too many people.

DuncanM, Mar 25, 2018 IP
    degreubiwa likes this.
  3. DuvrE

DuvrE Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Because of the scandal, the sixth season did not come out.

DuvrE, Mar 27, 2018 IP