1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kellysearch

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Weirfire, Oct 27, 2004.

I've been contacted by kellysearch as I've got some listings with them. They are offering either 10 priority listings for £550/ $800 a year or 28 priority listings for £770/ $1000 a year.

What do you guys reckon? Is it worth it? They tell me they have the most highly used Business to business directory in the UK.

I'm not too keen on paying money for online directories unless it's the Yahoo directory where it's not as pricey.

Their URL is www.kellysearch.com

Weirfire, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  2. Fishing Forum

Fishing Forum Active Member

Best Answers:
    How much targeted ads could you serve up with Google Adwords for £500.00 in your field

Thats what you have to think of

Fishing Forum, Oct 27, 2004 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I use them to search for Businesses. They're quite useful.

But I wouldn't pay that to advertise our own business. They list us for free anyway (not sure how well we rank as it's free but still).

Imagine the other things you can do with that £550 to get you out there.

On the positive side, even if people don't start searching from their site, they still show up in Google for many relevant searches. It happens a lot that when I research some suppliers, I get the Kellysearch listing and find them there.

I think I'd rather invest it in a yell.com listing + paper yellow pages. And squander the rest on links.

::Fishing Forum - I guess you mean AdWords. That's exactly what I'd look at first. Instant and more targeted results IMO & Experience.

T0PS3O, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  4. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    It's not likely I've got that money to spend on marketing yet anyway but I reckon my marketing strategy will be;

1. Get listed in yellow pages
    2. Get listed in Yahoo directory
    3. Sign up for adwords

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    If you need Clients quick and can't wait for mouth-to-mouth referrals and don't want to fork out for Y and YP listings now right away then I'd opt for AdWords as your #1 priority.

You get INSTANT results (quality leads) and you can set EXACTLY what you'd like to spend and on what. So even if you only want to spend £2.50 a day, that's perfectly fine.

T0PS3O, Oct 27, 2004 IP
  6. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    I might try it out for a few weeks :) Especially during Christmas period where I've got more time