1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keeping a directory clean

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Mia, Jun 29, 2005.

We are currently writting a script for our directory that will send out an http get to sites listed in the directory at regular intervals to insure that the directory remains current with sites that exist. We are writting a couple other things into the script that should help to negate any false positives.

I guess I am wonder if it makes sense to do the following as well. If there is an email listed on file for a site that is going to be delisted, should we perhaps send an email out to the site owner advising them that the site has been delisted?

Finally, we have started notifying those that list their email during the submission process if their site was rejected with some basic reasons as to why it may have been rejected. In the past we only sent an email when you were approved. I figure also notifying those that were/are rejected will continue to lighten the work load here.

Thanx.

Mia, Jun 29, 2005 IP
  2. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. I know I've added links to your directory.

I appreciate it when someone does something that helps me without my having to ask. It's nice to hear when a submittal has been approved, and like you are doing, also important to hear when one has been rejected and why so the error can be corrected.

Thanks again.

North Carolina SEO, Jun 30, 2005 IP
  3. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice work! As directory technology improves, our work when submitting becomes easier. I'm surprised that there're still directory scripts out there that fail to notify upon acceptance even. You have my thumbs up in this arena.

Art, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Actually we are getting to the point where we may just write our own directory script from scratch. The search function flat out stinks in the current one we are using. It is slow and not very accurate. There are a few other problems that I think starting from scratch are likely going to cure.

Of course we will continue to improve on it.

Mia, Jul 5, 2005 IP