1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kaspersky, Norton, ESET antivirus, which is the best?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by Newton360, Oct 14, 2010.

1. proseowriter

proseowriter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am a happy man without an antivirus software except Windows firefall. I save all important info on external hard discs so re-installing Windows whenever required is not a problem for me. I know most people won't prefer this idea, but in the last 2 years, I've re-installed Windows and all the applications only twice. I observed that even if you have a good antivirus software, your system performance can be real slow after, say 6-7 months.

Whenever you install Windows fresh, your laptop feels like a fresh one. To enhance the experience, you can use some laptop cleaner solutions :)

proseowriter, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  2. NewWebMaster

NewWebMaster Peon

Best Answers:
    1- kaspersky
    2- avira
    3- nod32

currently i didn't install any av in my system , but try with nod32 it's really light and powerfull av :)

NewWebMaster, Dec 6, 2010 IP
  3. anassiddiqui

anassiddiqui Peon

Best Answers:
    I am Using Kaspersky and i m satisfied with it.....

anassiddiqui, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  4. naskin

naskin Peon

Best Answers:
    New version of Microsoft Security Essentials very good quality and perfomance and free.

naskin, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  5. Forex.Affiliate

Forex.Affiliate Peon

Best Answers:
    Kaspersky is good, but need strong memory :)

Forex.Affiliate, Dec 26, 2010 IP
  6. befree22

befree22 Member

Best Answers:
    I use the free version of AVG Anti-Virus software and it's reliable. This is the AV of choice at many library systems. If I had to pay, I'd use AVG or Kaspersky. Years ago, I learned that Kaspersky was the best but today, who knows if it still is. Norton and the others make it difficult for you to uninstall their programs completely from your hd.

In addition to AVG anti-virus, I use CCleaner to remove all kinds of spyware, etc

Be Free :)

befree22, Jan 3, 2011 IP
  7. sweedy

sweedy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    On my other computer I used norton, trusted it until the javascript problem came up. Someone hacked into the computer through java loophole and screwed up the inner workings on hard drive. The computer lost important data and drivers, blue screen. Well needless to say had to wipe the drive and start from scratch. Hard to know which provides best protect, the free ones or ones you pay bucks for.

sweedy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  8. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using ESET Smart Security for some years now, 2-3 years. Currently using the latest version ESS 6. I must say it's really a good security software for casual pc users. It is lightweight on the system and does not use that much system resources unlike others. I have tried Bitdefender, or other AV's didn't work well out for me as they slow down the system (including boot start up times)

Jesse27, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  9. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have recently AVG Antivirus 2013 in my system. Its working good and use law memory as compare to other antiviruses. And one good think is its free version and easily available on internet. I suggest you to try at least one time this antivirus. But one think keep it regularly updated. If you want any other option or information about best antivirus just go on this link: http://muskofftech.com/repair-articles/viruses
    You get more interesting article regarding antiviruses. Good luck...

smithrick, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  10. nadlerz

nadlerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MSE

nadlerz, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  11. contentexpress

contentexpress Member

Best Answers:
    Kaspersky is the good for that end. I am the customer of Net Protector AntiVirus since last 1 years.. Total PC Protection : AntiVIRUS + Internet Security. Thank you Net Protector to protect my PC from Viruses on Internet. It is extremely powerful virus destroyer, detects and cleans viruses from every corner of my Laptop.

contentexpress, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  12. sieghart

sieghart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I haven't use Kaspersky but my friend does and I notice it is very annoying each time it suspected a virus it pop up. I tried using Norton and it doesn't work very well for me, where it gets most of the pace that makes the computer run slow when scanning whole computer. ESET is a great antivirus that keeps my computer safe and doesn't affects the performance of my computer when scanning.

sieghart, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  13. abc95

abc95 Member

Best Answers:
    I think Kaspersky, Norton , ESET and Avast it's all lower den quickheal antivirus for more.....

abc95, Feb 11, 2013 IP
    spyece likes this.
  14. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Norton is the best antivirus software.

rashida, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    dude nortons is the worst. Seriously, I know from experience that both Eset and kaspersky can remove the viruses that get onto machines that were "protected" by nortons.

matt_62, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  16. ktt

ktt Member

Best Answers:
    Lately I've been watching Kaspersky a lot. Especially I enjoyed their show at MWC 2013. That's great when a company regards itself and such serios events like MWC with humour and creativity at the same time. There are many vids on youtube but I really liked this one:

ktt, Mar 11, 2013 IP
    spyece likes this.
  17. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am a loyal ESET Smart Security user. I have been using it for years now. It's good and lightweight on the system. Does not affect the system performance that much.

Jesse27, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  18. Amiga500

Amiga500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Best Combo IMO:
    Kaspersky PURE 2.0 (Legit) + Malwarebytes (Free Version)

Just Remember, In Order To Get These Two Working Together, You Must Add Exception Rules For ALL Kaspersky Folders In Malwarebytes Otherwise Kaspersky Might Not Run Automatically Upon Start (Happened To Me).

Amiga500, Mar 11, 2013 IP
    spyece likes this.
  19. DarkyLT

DarkyLT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me best antivirus is Kaspersky :)

DarkyLT, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  20. AmHomeMaint

AmHomeMaint Peon

Best Answers:
    Malwarebytes! All other we have tried take over your system. Malwarebytes is relatively small and very accurate.

AmHomeMaint, Mar 15, 2013 IP