1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just wrote and eBook... soon to make a site... is adwords the way to go?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by libertygone, Jul 17, 2006.

I am an eBay PowerSeller and have been selling on eBay for over 4 years (since i was 14 years old.) I just wrote an eBook about how to sell on eBay and where to find stuff to sell. It is a step by step guide that shows exactly how to conquor eBay.

I am soon going to make a site that sells this one and only eBook and I was wondering if you think google adwords is the way to go, as to advertising it? Each eBook will be priced at $29.95, so this gives me a good profit margin.

How much should my CPC be set at and do you guys think adwords would work well for something like this?

libertygone, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdWords is a good way for it.

lets begin with 1% conversion

$29.95 x 1% = ~ $0.30

but you don't want to give all your profit to mr. Larry - so you will give share 50-50 of the profit for beginning with Google

$0.30 x 50% = $0.15

So your CPC for Search Network is $0.15

For content Network I would get a CPC of between $0.03 ~ $0.05

This is a good value for begin with. Increase as soon you see you profit with these values.

Micromag, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  3. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    So the higher the CPC, the better results you get?
    What makes you get better results?
    I'm a newb to adwords. lol

libertygone, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  4. great_yalta

great_yalta Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords is the way to go when you know how to use it!!

great_yalta, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  5. Art

Art Peon

Best Answers:
    Higher the CPC, the higher up your ad will show.

Higher CPC will increase your visits as a result of your ads, delivering conversions faster - increasing the overall efficiency of your campaign.

Art, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  6. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He can have AdWords classes :rolleyes: or he can try using it now to try learning it as I did some time ago.

Very true, if you want to get more traffic you will need to raise the CPC to $0.20 or $0.25 to get your ad higher but you risk to became red - is all about efficiency.

Micromag, Jul 17, 2006 IP
    Art likes this.
  7. treasurechest

treasurechest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords is definitely the way to go, or you could consider offering a Joint Venture to some of the eBay expert newsletter owners. They could be willing to promote your book to their list if you provided them with a decent cut of the sales. It would be a big boost in traffic to your site as well.

treasurechest, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  8. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should make an affiliate program for your eBook and let other people promote it. As for AdWords, $0.15 is probably good, and you can always cut the campaign if it doesn't work out.

Kaabi, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  9. Diddy1

Diddy1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, most ebook sellers out there use this method and it work s(affiliate). As for adwords you don't even need to bid a high amount as it depends on the keywords you bid on, most people find the lowest competitioned keywords and just bid on a few of those on low cpc. That way you spread your ads more and for less or equal the money.

Thank You

Diddy1, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  10. nuttymarketer

nuttymarketer Peon

Best Answers:
    Adwords is great way to make sales for your own products. You may want to set CPC for anywhere Min 5 cent to max 20 cent. And you need to make great sales letter.

You can try Clickbank.com also. At clickbank affilaite sell your products for a profit. Thats a Macca for many internet marketer.

Nuttymarketer

nuttymarketer, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go for JV partners first and when you see profits coming in, start with adwords. You pay JV partners only when you make a sale from their lead...
    Bye

JEET, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  12. mdzarate

mdzarate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi I hope this will help you.

I found a great ebook created for one of the best SEO, adwords, PPC guys, his name is Brad and he just wrote a new free ebook. You can get it from this site http://www.articles-free.ca/Adwords/ and it helped me to lower my PPC cost a lot. To be honest, I am not sure why this guy does not charge for this ebook, it is great. Note, there is a software that you can buy to use what he says on the ebook, but you do not have to, most of the stuff can be done manually using google, wordtracker, and other free tools, his software just makes it easier to use and saves time. Anyways, give it a try and I am sure it will help you understand adwords and save money.

Also, if you are going to go for PPC, only use google, forget about overture and forget about the rest, you know, the little guys, those will only cost you money and not sales.

Finally, in my company or CPA (cost per adquisition) is 5x (if the product is $100, then we will try to spend no more than $20 to make one sale) if we keep our CPA over 5x, we are very happy and anything lower than 4x is not good news.

I hope this helps you, please send me a line if you need more information

JM

mdzarate, Jul 21, 2006 IP