1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just when you thought Islam was pretty cool

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Mia, Dec 29, 2005.

Some nut bag slit his childrens throats to "Salvage his family's honor".

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/12/28/pakistan.honor.ap/index.html

All I can say is, well, what can you say. SICK. I guess this type of stuff is a common practice.

"Hundreds of girls and women are murdered by male relatives each year in this conservative Islamic nation, and rights groups said Wednesday such "honor killings" will only stop when authorities get serious about punishing perpetrators."

Apparently in Islamic nations "Women are treated as property and those committing crimes against them do not get punished."

And I am supposed to respect this cult as a religion, a culture? No thanks man.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
    Cricket and sachin410 like this.
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I've never thought of Islam as being cool... and never will...

fryman, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  3. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Not really a reflection on Islam any more than 911, fanatics should'nt really be allowed to dictate the perception of religion,not that god exists,lol.

sji2671, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  4. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Screw it, putting it back up...
    If you think this lowly of Islam, then how can you be for Iraq and how it's gone? Just an honest question, not an attack just curious as it truthfully to me appears like you can't have it both ways.

I agree with you partially, yet on the other hand you're all for how Iraq has/is going,,,funny isn't the main part of the Iraqi's constitution that laws must obey the religion of Islam or some shix?....makes you wonder, or me at least.

I don't like how people are treated in those countries, but then again it's not my country. On the other hand I'd think if people had such a problem with 'islam' they would also have a problem with the Iraq constitution being based off and forced to obey Islam wouldn't they?

So in the end we put Iraq from a non Islam based government into a Islam based government....hmmmmmmm

Still has Islam and that no law can be passed that contradicts islam...Or has it changed further from this yet?

GRIM, Dec 29, 2005 IP
    hsaleem likes this.
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

Honestly though, is there really a difference? I'm not trying to be an ass here. I have honestly been trying to understand them. The more I do, the more I do not see a difference. To me it is beggining to look more like the difference between a good Nazi and a bad one. Is there really a difference? In priciple maybe, but in practice? I am having a hard time with that.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  6. Herren

Herren Peon

Best Answers:
    Merely looking through the Quran will provide the observant reader with substantial proof as to how this religion harbours values which no sane person would want in his or her country.

Herren, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  7. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    well in the bible you shouldnt cheat on your wife,if i did and she killed me her religious belief would not make that ok, islam does not saction such acts either, just interpretation from what i make of it

sji2671, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

What?

____

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    the bible says its ok to beat your slaves as long as you don't kill them,and if you have sex with them and they are engaged to someone else must sacrifce an animal

Because some muslim, kills someone for some messed doesn't actually reflect on all muslims, unless you a bigot,

Mia somewhere there is probably a black guy who commited some crime today maybe you should post about how you don't respect black culture, becasue what some indivduals did.

ferret77, Dec 29, 2005 IP
    legend2 likes this.
  10. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Not sure what this has to do with the price of tea in China....

Anyway, I think I made it clear that I have a hard time understanding a difference. I'm not sure what that has to do with my opinions from another beatin to death thread that's gone from Anti-War to STD's.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  11. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It has everything to do with it, on one hand you're against islam, but on the other hand you're pro the Iraq situation which has put Islam into power...2 different sides or opinions, depending on which you want to support at the time?

GRIM, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Once again, WTF? I give up.

The article I read said that it was common practice "widely accepted", rarely punishible.

That seems to reflect a bit more than a minority.

I'd expect something as ignorant, biggoted and racist as this from you. I'm not the one throwing labels around. I am just observing a "widely accepted" practice/behaivor, not a "stereotype".

The left always resorts the race card when they have no other explanation for reality.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  13. Herren

Herren Peon

Best Answers:
    The bible, when it is read correctly (Old testament vs new), is absolutely not comparable to the Quran, which even contains instructions for what methods one should use to beat up a wife (as an expression of love).

Herren, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    When have I ever said I was "against Islam?" You said that, not I.

You're trying to make more out of this than there is. I'll not be baited.

Next...

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not baiting in the least, so in otherwords you can't answer it...Your opening salvo on this thread shows an anti Islam tone does it not?

GRIM, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    There are thousands of muslims in this country who do not do anything remotely similiar to this

Another poster said

The same could be said of the bible, if you take its verses literally

you just said

Thats messed up just called will spencers wife a nazi in a round about way.

Do you even know any muslims? Have ever met any muslims?

17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:

" "Some nut bag slit his childrens throats to "Salvage his family's honor" "

Yeah, I see were that says I am anti-Islam...

You're looking for something you are not going to find here... Move on.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  18. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Mia are one of those real rural scared to death of anyone different then you types , do people of other races make you uncomfortable? Do people of other cultures make you feel insecure?

19. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    True, but they except it.

One of my very best childhood friends is. The transformation has been (disturbing to say the least), you see he was not always. He met and married a Muslim, and converted. My guess is it is harder to convert than to have already been one. Think of all the freedoms and normalcy you must give up first in order to become one. It was pretty hard from what I have seen.

Mia, Dec 29, 2005 IP
  20. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your title says it all by itself..

So then again you refuse to answer the simple question.....

GRIM, Dec 29, 2005 IP