1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just What Can I Do to Make My Blog Better, Now?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Noitartst, Apr 2, 2014.

My blog, for the Record, is here: http://www.noitartst.com/

What does it need, right now? I've worked hard on it, self-hosted it and I've made changes, but what does it need, now? What additions?

I need to put ads on, yes, but it won't matter if no one sees, and my best day for my site has been ten visitors. (I'm pretty confident with my content, if I do say so.) If I do say so, SEO is probably my next challenge.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    Noitartst, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    The best, fastest and safest way to rank on Google is to have a mindset like a farmer.

Every content you create are seeds that in the future will become your harvest.

You can use different types of "seeds" like youtube seeds since its the second to Google as a search engine and you can rank pretty quickly on youtube even without any backlinks.

You just have to optimize your youtube videos step by step:

Step 1: keyword must be in title. Having a researched keyword on your title that you are trying to rank for. Same thing applies with your blog post title.

Step 2: have a good description with your link to your blog post and blog site. Eg.
    http://www.yourname.com - visit my site to learn more about how to increase google ranking - http://www.yourname.com/rank-google-tips

Step 3:Next create a mini blog on description with jeywords and lsi keyword.

Step 4: put time stamps on key points on your vids at the beginning of your paragraph
    00:10 - i discuss about video marketing
    01:20 - i discuss about email marketing

Step 5: create a bright image for your video

Step 6: transcript. I know its hard work but to be on top you must do captions on your videos.

Step 7: embed your youtube video on your blog.

Step 8: optimize your blog post On page by using seopressor plugin

Step 9: publish

Step 10: create pyramid backlinks
    Low tier backlinks like comments ==> high tier links like web 2.0 ==> to your blog Aka money site.

Step 11: post your blog link to your social mediums like facebook and youtube.

Hope this helps you out to get ranking on top!

Joe

Joseph Villanueva, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you add some of pictures to make it lively.

Michael Leng, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to add some picutres and work on layout to make it interesting for viewer. When I enter this blog I don't know what it's about so it can be a problem.

adbash, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. Noitartst

Noitartst Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joe...I have a place on Youtube, here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR3kqZr_SG3HL1FME83grfw
    I took pains to describe my videos correct, but since I put 'em up last year, nothing's happened to 'em, and am open to critique about my methods. That lack of response is the big reason I switched my focus to blogging, and it seems I'm facing much the same issues, evidently.

At some point, I ought to synergize my blog with my Youtube account, but I'm currently not getting hits on either. As of now, at any rate, my videos don't jive with my blog, now, do they? I could add some that jive, remove those that don't, whatever, but point effect, it's not working, as of now.

What of my tags? Tagged 'em thoughtfully, methinks, but in any case, to little apparent result.

Noitartst, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  6. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    Let's do it this way brother, ready?

The best, fastest and safest way to rank on Google is to have a mindset like a farmer.

Every content you create are seeds that in the future will become your harvest.

You can use different types of "seeds" like youtube seeds since its the second to Google as a search engine and you can rank pretty quickly on youtube even without any backlinks.

You just have to optimize your youtube videos step by step:

Step 1: keyword must be in title. Having a researched keyword on your title that you are trying to rank for. Same thing applies with your blog post title.

Step 2: have a good description with your link to your blog post and blog site. Eg.
    http://www.yourname.com - visit my site to learn more about how to increase google ranking - http://www.yourname.com/rank-google-tips

Step 3:Next create a mini blog on description with jeywords and lsi keyword.

Step 4: put time stamps on key points on your vids at the beginning of your paragraph
    00:10 - i discuss about video marketing
    01:20 - i discuss about email marketing

Step 5: create a bright image for your video

Step 6: transcript. I know its hard work but to be on top you must do captions on your videos.

Step 7: embed your youtube video on your blog.

Step 8: optimize your blog post On page by using seopressor plugin

Step 9: publish

Step 10: create pyramid backlinks
    Low tier backlinks like comments ==> high tier links like web 2.0 ==> to your blog Aka money site.

Step 11: post your blog link to your social mediums like facebook and youtube.

Hope this helps you out to get ranking on top!

Joe

Joseph Villanueva, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  7. Annea

Annea Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need some photos for sure. The added bonus is that they are good for sharing on social sites for backlinks and new, loyal readers.

Annea, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  8. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    For now, let's just focus on my blog, shall we, and apply SEO principles to it, namely a single post? Have one in mind, right here:
    http://www.noitartst.com/2014/03/ah-syria-youre-idjit-mr-obama/

"Syria"'s a keyword, "Obama" another. "Idjit," hm? Log tail, I suppose, but then again, it's not in the body of the post, so I suppose not.
    How do I make a blog post on US Syriar policy rank high, anywho?

Well, where do I describe my Syria post? I can do that, relatively easy, if I knew where, and how, on my site admin and dashboard to do so. I know about Youtube descriptions, but not here.

Hm. I got an SEO button on the dashboard (dunno if it's a plugin), and one option for it is "keywords research," with the sub headings, "AdWords External," "Google Insights," "SEO Book." It tealeads to Google Adwords, and one of your videos talks about that.

Soo--I use Google adwords, specifically, yes, to pick out the right keywords, and go from there? I thus optimize my rankings by picking words neither too high, nor too low, yes? Alright, how, specifically?

Noitartst, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  9. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    Well the way to do it is make your title a log tail keyword.

So your keyword that you researched is "obama youre idjit with syria" as the title and keyword.

You check this on google keyword research if its a
    Got people searching for that keyword.

Theres none for example so you try to find another keyword ideas.

Then you find one the says "obama youre an idiot for syria" with about 100 monthly searches

So you create your title the same
    As that long tail keyword.

Now you build your content with keywords sprinkled throughout. Underlined, bolded, lsi keyword, h2 header, h3 header.

Grab seopressor plugin to get 100% score.

Then once its published and you got On page optimized, you do Off page Seo

Create related contents on web 2.0 sites like blogger, blogspot etc and have backlinks
    Point to your article.

You can create lower type
    Of backlinks pointing to youw web 2.0 site to make
    It even rank faster.

If you have money you can use service provider like link emperor or senuke.

Joseph Villanueva, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  10. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Hm. Joe, how do I get to Google Keyword? I the place I found via my site admin was:
    adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?__u=2605999886&__c=2533701086#cp

Seems, essentially, that Google Keywords is an Adwords function, but it seems to expects me to put down a budget of more than zero, which is something I hadn't heard of, before. I thought I'd be able to research keywords on Google for free, but I guess not. If I can't research keywords, well, I can't do much, can I?

What does the term, "100% score," even mean?

Noitartst, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  11. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword planner formerly keyword research tool.

Are you using wordpress? Wordpress has a plugin that you can get "seopressor" that helps you optimize your site.

Let me give you the best advice and go to fiverr.com and pay someone 5$ to fix your site and rank it on google.

Best deal in town ;)

Joseph Villanueva, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  12. - jeff -

- jeff - Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice so far. The only thing I would mention that I didn't see (possibly overlooked) is to make sure you put a picture of yourself on the front page with a bit of humor worked into an 'About Me' snippet. People love that personal connection and this is a great way to achieve it on a personal blog like this.
    Great writing though. Keep it up!

- jeff -, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  13. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Kind words, Jeff. Joe...just what does "seopressor" do? Does it allow me to research keywords? Still not sure as to what "seopressor" does.

Joined Fiverr. Your link, though, Joe, was to Social Hawker, for some reason. I looked under the SEO category, but I really don't know exactly what I'm looking for.
    Emailed a couple prospectives, with this message:

I need help getting my blog, noitartst.com, up to code, if you will. I don't know how to SEO it, and it could use plenty of other things, but I'm looking to improve.

Think you can help?

What think ye? On point, or off?

Hm. Seem to have the Yoast WordPress SEO
    plugin installed, though. Not what has been recommended to me, but I'm doing what I can. sounds like Google Keyword is expensive, though.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    Noitartst, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  14. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    Seopressor helps you input the keyword you are ranking for and see if your content is optimized properly.

Eg.

Your key word"obama stinks at syria"
    Seo pressor will give suggestion as to how you can optimize your content.

This is called On page optimization.

You input the keyword "obama stinks at syria" on seopressor keyword box. You start out with 0%.

Seopressor will suggest how to optimize your content like to have the keyword "obama stinks at syria" on your title. They will ask to bold your keyword, lsi keyword, underline.

You will now have 10% score once you di one of those. You do all of them then your score goes to 100%.

Joseph Villanueva, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  15. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Okay...stupid question, but how do I get seopressor? As to Google KeyWord, I just turn to Fiverr.

That it?

Noitartst, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  16. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    You are usin wordpress for your blog right? Its a plugin :)
    Upload it to your site

17. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Wait a minute--I have to pay for that plugin? Didn't know that...thought it free.

18. Joseph Villanueva

Joseph Villanueva Member

Best Answers:
    No. Its trial. I didnt pay the full. I use the trial for myself.

19. Noitartst

Best Answers:
    Hm. So, Where do I find this trial version?

Oh, and I found a 1-800 number for Google AdWords, and am going to call it up. I contacted a couple of blokes on Fiverr, over the weekend, but to my surprise, they've not gotten back to me, yet.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  20. Megamon

Megamon Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i would suggest you to learn some typography , tutsplus has some video tutorials about it , those video tutorials might help you out.

I would also like to suggest to make your articles smaller , by my point of view i would never try to read the whole article it takes so much time...if you know what i mean.

However goodluck with your website.

Megamon, Apr 7, 2014 IP
    pitdark16 likes this.