1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just sold our first eCourse through an Affiliate!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by MrktTimingAcdmy, Dec 22, 2010.

Hey, I just sold my first eCourse through a Plimus affiliate for $297. It only took one month, but we got one sold!!!!:):)

Now that I have the purchaser's contact information, what is the industry standard on me marketing direct to that contact rather than through the Plimus relationship?

MrktTimingAcdmy, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  2. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a little confused on what you mean by this. From what I gather my advice would be to treat them like an actual person, since they are. Send them FREE useful and helpful information. And on occasions you can send them paid offers.

So basically treat them like any optin. Hope that helps. Maybe elaborate on what you mean a little, and I and others can help you more.

businessman413, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  3. MrktTimingAcdmy

MrktTimingAcdmy Peon

Best Answers:
    businessman413, thank you for the reply. I meant since the person who purchased our eCourse came from another affiliate marketer through Plimus, was it ok to start marketing to them direct or am I supposed to respect the person that it came from and not market direct? I believe I'm free to market to them, but since I'm a Newbie to this world, I wanted to make sure I wasn't out of order in doing so.

MrktTimingAcdmy, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  4. ChristineR

ChristineR Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats on the sale!
    I believe that, having made a purchase from you, they are now your customer.
    Depending on whether you have your own autoresponder or are using one like aWeber, you need to figure out how to "double Opt-in" their details, before you can add them to your mailing list.

ChristineR, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  5. John Alves

John Alves Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can't market to them unless they're on an email list where they have the option to unsubscribe. You sold one product through an affiliate which is good. However, you could be selling a lot more if you built a targeted email list around your product niche through an autoresponder like aweber. Next, you would provide value to the people on the email list. After that, you would recommend your product.

John Alves, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  6. khalil101

khalil101 Peon

Best Answers:
    congrats on your sale. i guess this means that online marketing does work. this also means that the marketing theory of matching the right product to the right customer also works in terms of using it in the world of e-commerce. many types of businesses are sure to follow your example. pretty soon, everything, i do mean everything will be sold online.

again, congrats on your sale and may other businesses flourish like yours.

khalil101, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  7. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you have the right to market to them if they opt in. I'd come up with some sort of offer to get them to opt in. MAybe send them an email or two telling them they can get product x for Free if they opt in to your newsletter.

Congrats

businessman413, Dec 22, 2010 IP