1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just sold a domain on sedo. How to get money from there

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sonu703, Jun 30, 2012.

i recently sold a domain for $1250 via sedo. Now i have $1000 in my account after cutting sedo's fee. i have filled in my bank info on sedo, but when do sedo process payments?

I count not find any option to request payment. The money is just lying in my account.

sonu703, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  2. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    What you mean, don't you have paypal? You should add your paypal account email to your sedo profile. And the best thing, you don;t have to pay paypal fees when receiving payment from sedo (they take care of it).

atxsurf, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  3. skidkoy

skidkoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Check their User Agreement. It details everything. You should have read that before you began business with them, though.

skidkoy, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  4. GearsOfDesign

GearsOfDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    yes goto your account setting you should have payment setting available their.

GearsOfDesign, Jun 30, 2012 IP
  5. sonu703

sonu703 Member

Best Answers:
    so i added paypal info as well, but where is the button to withdraw? there is not option in payment settings where i can find withdraw money option. Can anyone experienced with sedo tell me or give me a screenshot of where is the option to withdraw.

sonu703, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  6. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    They can hang onto your money for awhile as its in the user agreement. I have only sold one domain on Sedo. It took for ever to get paid as the new owner was clue less about transferring. I did not panic though and when I contacted the broker after a couple of months, they did the transfer themselves and paid me. 500 bucks is not worth getting excited about. Not in Canada anyway.

globegenius, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  7. droppedwebsites

droppedwebsites Guest

Best Answers:
    I would better advise you to contact the Sedo support/Live chat regarding the same. They would save your time in getting the info about their payment date and procedure.

droppedwebsites, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  8. sonu703

sonu703 Member

Best Answers:
    yes, seems like it is the case. Whois details shows that domain is still with sedo and not transferred to buyer. Need to wait until that is complete.

Thank you everyone for your input.

sonu703, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  9. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no withdraw option, they pay automatically once the transaction is completed:
    a) if you PUSH the domain to their account, they will send money to your paypal shortly after that.
    b) if you TRANSFER directly to the buyers account (by providing auth codes etc), you have to wait for the transfer to complete (and whois) to be updated and them to confirm it

atxsurf, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  10. ImageAuthors

ImageAuthors Member

Best Answers:
    Right. Until the buyer has the domain, Sedo will not release the funds to the seller. Congratulations on the sale!

ImageAuthors, Jul 2, 2012 IP