1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just signed up for amazons affiliate program. Have ?'s

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Janet, Jun 1, 2006.

I registered to have any payments sent via direct deposit. Is that the best way to go? I plan on offering product specific selling, digital camera and photography books on my site. I may even include digital cameras as well. What would be the best way to do this?

1. Put all offerings in one section
    2. Spread the advertisements out throughout the site in areas where they are most appropriate. i.e. photo tips books on 'image help' page.

Do you guys include the full ad, basic ad or text link?

Also, do you know if it is against adsense tos to have affiliate links on the same page as adsense ads?

For those of you that use amazon, how has it been working for you? Have you made any sales? I figure even if I don't make many sales, atleast I am providing more information for my site visitors.

I apologize for so many questions, I am new to all this.

Janet, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Forget the ads. Real money makers with Amazon have full fledged stores using AWS scripts. For payment is depends on if you want a check, or want it sent to your bank account.

>>>Iz it against adsense tos to have affiliate links on the same page as adsense ads?

Nope.

Nintendo, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  3. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you suggesting not using this program at all?

Anyway, I know I won't get rich using amazon, but I think I may still add a few related books on the site and see what happens. I plan on using the basic ads. I signed up for direct deposit since they payout at $10 as opposed to $100 for checks. I will probably take me years to reach $100. :D Like I said, it will be an additional resource for my visitors and if I get a few conversions here and there it will be an added benefit. :) Every little bit counts. Personally, I like amazon and shop there often myself so to me it is a trusted site.

I appreciate your feedback.

Janet, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Forget just having a few little Amazon box ads on your site. Instead have a full blown store on your site covering the topic of the site.

Now if you get thousands of visitors a day then you might make some money from those tiny little text or box ads, though AdSense would probably make more money than an Amazon box ad.

Nintendo, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  5. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, now I see what you are saying. Definately something to look into down the road. thanks.

Janet, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  6. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    You might be surprised how well you can do! Your photo hosting site should do fine displaying digital cameras.

Nintendo is correct concerning the use of Amazon Web Services (AWS). However with a PageRank of 3 it's probably best not to try and feature too many products.

myhart, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  7. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. ;)

What does PR have to do with anything? Can you explain? thanks.

Janet, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  8. myhart

myhart Peon

Best Answers:
    It won't make any difference with existing visitors.

However Google likes original content and normally gives better rankings for sites with a higher PR. To have any chance of competing with sites that have a higher PR. You need to focus your PR 3 on a smaller number of pages than say a PR 5 website with similar content would.

Also it's pretty hard to keep AWS pages from tripping Googles duplicate filter and being indexed as "Supplemental Results"! From what I have experienced lower PR websites with a large number of AWS pages are MUCH more likely to have this happen.

myhart, Jun 4, 2006 IP