1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just put up a new Google Knol and am Looking for Feedback

Discussion in 'Websites' started by jg123, Jun 16, 2009.

Hi, I just put up a new Google Knol titled: Why Owning a Web Directory Sucks and am looking for feedback on the over all look and feel of the page.

thanks in advance for your help!

jg123, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  2. ctrader

ctrader Member

Best Answers:
    Overall look and feel is good, good article, seems I will not start that direcory right now.

ctrader, Jun 16, 2009 IP
    jg123 likes this.
  3. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for looking ctrader but honestly don't NOT start a directory because of the article. In fact start one but this way you will have some insight into the potential pitfalls so you can be more prepared.

I also confess that I still own a few directories including the first one in the second line of my signature :)

jg123, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  4. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    jg, great point. a lot of people think that starting a directory is going to be a great way to make money quickly because you can charge for submissions but people overlook the amount of work and time which goes into actually maintaining such a system.

kidsko, Jun 16, 2009 IP
  5. ctrader

ctrader Member

Best Answers:
    kidsko, Selling in a multi billion $ niche if there are no directory maybe its worth making your own.

ctrader, Jun 16, 2009 IP