1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just out of interest

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by amateur, Sep 4, 2005.

Wondering what these 2 domains might be worth ?

ISKYPE.COM
    IALGARVE.COM

Algarve is a big holiday destination for northern Europeans in Portugal .

Cheers guys.

amateur, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  2. norfstar

norfstar Peon

Best Answers:
    There may be severe trademark issues with iskype.com - and hence I'd appraise it at $0.

ialgarve.com however is a great domain! Personally I'm surprised that the .com is the only TLD that is taken (although it looks like .net and .org have been registered in the past). If you find the right buyer - I feel there is potential for mid $xx here.

norfstar, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  3. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the iskype comment and I think ialgarve has potential but you should build it up before you try to sell it. I have a letter-destination domain and it has more than paid its way over the years. Put it on one side, build content, seo, let it simmer, add AS when it has enough content and it will pay for itself. Hmm, if you were selling it for $xx I'd buy it now.

e10, Sep 4, 2005 IP
  4. amateur

amateur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks guy's . Will probably set up something on the ialgarve and get ready for the next season .
    I know what your saying about the skype domain but they seem to be letting developers use the skype name and even link to their sites . I think they want to push the skype name as much as poss. Of course that could change overnight . Maybe I should get some content going and see what happens .

Thanks again for your advice .

amateur, Sep 5, 2005 IP