1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just opened an account, some questions...

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by aj22, Aug 17, 2006.

I just opened a Search Marketing account because I'm not shelling out $10 per click for Google nor spending any more hours making my websites "Google-happy".

So I went ahead and opened a Yahoo Search Marketing account.

1) Where do I enter the promo code for $75 free I see floating around?

2) Most importantly: I see it takes 3 business days for my new campaign to get approved? Does it take 3 days for every new keyword and advertisement and campaign to get approved? Or just the first one?

Thanks

aj22, Aug 17, 2006 IP
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    It takes three days for everything to get approved, not just the first campaign, and you'll probably find that half your keywords will get rejected due to lack of relevancy. If you thought that Google made you go through hoops, you ain't seen nothing yet! :( At least Yahoo tells you what the issues are though which is one up on Google.

Getting anything running in YSM is a real pain due to their editorial policies, long response times and inconsistent decisions. On the bright side though, they are going to be releasing a completely revised system within a month or so that it's promised will address all these issues, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck!

Dan

Dan, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  3. felix77

felix77 Peon

Best Answers:
    its not that bad dan.. :) the first time you submit a site for a keyword it does take that much time and sometimes less to get your keyword approved.. although i do agree with dan on the response times.. better just call em up.. works for me like a charm. the revised system sounds good too..
    cheers

felix77, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  4. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

I have to disagree... It really IS that bad!

Dan, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  5. felix77

felix77 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok but keeping in mind the number of people who want to use that service it really would take a little longer.. dont know who checks these keywords.. is it an automated system or is it done manually?

felix77, Aug 21, 2006 IP