1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just opened a new ecommerce site, what are the best ways to get traffic?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by mrfan, Nov 14, 2013.

Hey guys I just opened an ecommerce site where I sell physical products. Where do you guys suggest I start in order to drive traffic? I already have a facebook page and tried google adwords but google eats money way too fast... What are good ways to save money and get the most bang for your buck on google adwords? Thanks!

mrfan, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  2. zohaibsaleemi

zohaibsaleemi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think you generate your sites back links

zohaibsaleemi, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  3. mole

mole Member

Best Answers:
    you should define where your target audience is, be there. Talk to them, find what they need or like. Give them some value when they go to your site and they'll be happy to do so. Don't just spam, that is the old way..

mole, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  4. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Get Your Ecommerce Site ready for the holiday season by following the tips, so that you can drive more traffic.
    http://www.digitaloperative.com/blog/2013/5-ecommerce-tips-for-having-a-successful-holiday-season/

swasa, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  5. Wiki_Neon

Wiki_Neon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    via facebook and adwords

Wiki_Neon, Dec 6, 2013 IP
  6. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    These are some ways, by which you can get traffic to your site:

* Social bookmarking
    * Forum participation
    * Guest post
    * Article submission
    * Social media
    * Press release
    * News letter

aceriker, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  7. farnhamit

farnhamit Member

Best Answers:
    Hey!

I set up a tablet sales site selling china version android tablets, like you said adwords cost me way to much, I managed to make some sales through free ad listing sites such as usfreeads,

but then i spoke to someone who also sells online and mentioned they have used leaflet distribution for there sales, so i looked into it myself and released how efficient it can be, its fairly cheap and works i have tested this,

I run adwords for 6 months and spent just under £20K!
    I purchased 120,000 Leaflet distribution for £4200 over a 6 month period,

The results we're very surprising, My Google campaign brought in £27,500 oh which £7,500 Was profit,
    The leaflets that were distributed worked so well! I made over £32,000 <-- That is MORE Then google's profit and even better it cost me less to get!

I used www.watfordleaflets.co.uk The staff are very nice and helped me design a really cool leaflet with some social icons on for maximum effect!

farnhamit, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  8. altteam

altteam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic is a matter of time really. Just provide quality products, make your customers happy and they will tell about your website to their friends, etc. Advertising is also a very good option to drive traffic. But think of your ads carefully, remember that you don't need clients who are searching for something different, you need clients who are searching for your kind of products.

A great thing you can do is to add a Google rich snippet mark-up to your site. Your products will appear in a more appealing way in the googles search results . And don't forget about product reviews, always ask your happy customers to leave a review about your service/products on your site or anywhere else if possible. It will help your site to look more established.

Kind regards!

altteam, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  9. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Start with your ECommerce Site. :) Make sure that it is developed Search Engine friendly. That all pages could be crawled and indexed by Search Engines. After all, they are your primary source of traffic. Do you think your website is easy to navigate? Is the Search function in your website easy to use? Are they categorized well?

If you think your site is optimized enough, the next step is to look at your Facebook Page. If you have already enough likes on your page, you can see your Page Insight statistics which can greatly help you in analyzing your engagements. Do you think your current strategy is attracting enough likes? You want more people to know about your page to promote your website.

I have a question. How didi you engage in Google AdWords? Did you hire a Google Partner or did you do it by yourself? Effective PPC campaign needs a computation of how much you must bid for your keywords, so expertise is needed in this field.

I hope this helps.

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  10. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    A good option to get Traffic is by performing SEO to your website. This will give you an organically traffice.
    Also, you can test all kinds of partnerships with larger sites profit distribution model.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Dec 15, 2013 IP
  11. VinodKhakra

VinodKhakra Member

Best Answers:
    I want to open an online shopping website but I am really clueless how online shopping websites get the products to sell by displaying the products on their website. Do they first purchase all the products and then they upload it on their website to sell? or first they tie-up with different product resources and display their products on personal website and get the profit being a mediator?

Please help!

VinodKhakra, Dec 21, 2013 IP
  12. Vic Devadiga

Vic Devadiga Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your Best bet is to get organic traffic the amount of money you spend on ad ords, you can spend half of it for getting your site seo optimised that will sure boost the traffic and will be light on your pocket as well

Vic Devadiga, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  13. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Hi VinodKhakra -- that's a great question, but you might have a tough time finding a quality answer with it buried towards the bottom of this separate thread! I'd suggest opening your own thread, that way you can have your own discussion, dedicated to solving that specific problem for you. I know I'll be sure to stop by and leave some advice when it's up. :D

Solid Commerce, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  14. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MrFan -- excellent question. And there's a lot of great information in this thread. I'd love to add some! :)

You're on the right track when it comes to Google...but there are definitely ways to court the search engine giant without necessarily paying for AdWords. I've said this on other threads, and it's one of my hobbies...but blogging is a great way to boost your search rankings. If you can write good content that's not about you, but rather about the things that you think your customers want to read about, you'll have an easy time getting Google to notice you and place you higher in their search rankings.

Of course, once you get that traffic to your website, it's always important to provide the best possible experience for your customers. Is your site mobile-friendly? Responsive web design will let your site adjust itself depending on the type of screen viewing it (ie, tablet, smartphone, computer). A lot of online shopping happens via tablet or smartphone these days.

Another great idea is making things super easy for your customers. Give them quick and easy checkout options. Make sure you've got your security situation up to date. Providing a great store experience will get people talking and help drive further traffic back to your store.

Finally -- probably the best type of social marketing for online sellers is Pinterest. It generates a crazy amount of eCommerce revenue, and they're continuing to tweak things over there to give sellers an advantage. You can list prices with items that you post, provide quick buy links, and more. Lots of online sellers use Pinterest as a way to showcase their inventory, drive traffic, and increase sales.

Hope this helps! If you want to chat about this further, you're more than welcome to PM me. Happy New Year!

Solid Commerce, Jan 1, 2014 IP
  15. mrfan

mrfan Peon

Best Answers:
    just got back from vacation guys, great info that you all shared!!! Thanks a bunch!!!
    Solid commerce, I'll hit you up with a pm :)

mrfan, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  16. mrfan

mrfan Peon

Best Answers:

I actually did the adwords thing myself. Maybe I should try outsourcing adwords to an expert?

mrfan, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  17. johnmark03

johnmark03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For getting more and more traffic the best medium is social media, because nowadays most of the people regularly use the social media websites. Social media websites also help you in the growth of the business. Also you can do SEO of your website. This also helps you in the recognition of your website.

johnmark03, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  18. 2funhosting

2funhosting Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to get traffic is an article or directory submission, participate is forum sites and social media.

2funhosting, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  19. startsomewhere

startsomewhere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i have had some success using stumbleupon ads for ecommerce sites. be careful to choose the right target & landing page...

startsomewhere, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  20. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @mrfan,

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it yourself. After all, the only way to learn these things is through experience. However, if you think that it is ideal to outsource, you just have to look for a company that you think will keep all results as transparent as possible. :)

Sorry for the late response, a busy 2014 for us so far. Anyway to get to the point, when it comes to AdWords and your money, you have to weigh things in order to get the best ROI possible. :) I'm not indicating that you should hire anybody including us, I don't think this thread is the right place for that. But I'm not saying you shouldn't either. :D

How long did you run your campaign? Were the competition of the keywords you used high? Study your competitors ads, and create an ad that you think will attract your customers to you, instead of them using the right keywords. -> This is my response to your question "How do you get the most bang for your buck on Google AdWords?" .

Happy New Year by the way! :)

Web Outsourcing Gateway, Jan 19, 2014 IP