1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just launched new shop & brand, feedback please?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by RolaReefa, May 1, 2016.

Hi,

RolaReefa

https://rolareefa.com/

Just launching a new brand, done very basic marketing, still adding a few more products to the shop, we have created Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pintrest, Ebay, and Etsy accounts to increase our reach, but not much engagement. We plan to do a give-away to help promote the social media pages. We aim to target opinion leaders ie socialites, DJs, celebrities in USA and UK (that is our primary market) by giving them free products. Any additional advice is welcome and any additional marketing strategies should we employ?

RolaReefa, May 1, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Prior to winging stuff around the internet I try to focus on the ethos of the company. Rather than approach this as selling sweatshirts, think of it as selling a lifestyle or train of thought, if that makes sense.

Its not so much the how but the why. This will typically require something clever marketing wise in that regard.

With that said. Its well presented. I like what I see. Its rare I don't have a bunch of things to say about the site itself or its delivery. If you have some cash to toss around I would suggest some facebook ads but it helps to use someone who specializes in that sort of thing.

So, essentially, step one is visually identify where you folks are coming from ethos wise or you are simply trying to sell sweatshirts which makes competing with folks an untenable situation.

hope that helps a bit. I am a tad swamped and could frankly talk about this stuff all day.

N.

Nigel Lew, May 1, 2016 IP
  3. RolaReefa

RolaReefa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    much appreciated, We have plans to strengthen our ethos, its taken me 4 weeks to the the business to this stage since we came up with the idea, so any additional advise is welcomed.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

RolaReefa, May 1, 2016 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One thought I have would be to include a nicely designed little card or something with some factoids outlining what may be different here. For instance, if you are using fair trade materials in the creation of the product, X cash goes to support X cause and so on. At the end of the day the message and the advertising sensibility has to be strong here to separate you from the peanut gallery.

Giving away some stuff to folks like huge DJ's is a very sound idea as well. As well as stickers that are cool. DJ's stick them on laptops which typically get a ton of visibility as well at shows.

The quick and dirty would be to make sure as a brand you folks are "human and awesome". The marketing eventually takes care of itself.

Its partly a matter of assigning some economic principles surrounding infinite goods like music and applying that same sensibility to scarce goods.

How do you make buying something from you a win win for everyone? These days things that are interactive are huge as well. You want to engage customers much like a band would.

QR code that unlocks something on the card for instance. What you can do here is frankly pretty endless.

N.

5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Watch this as well. It quite literally changed the way I do EVERYTHING.
    Ooops. Sorry dodgy link. I will pm you a way to watch that.

EDIT: here ya go