1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Just launched a new website for my services. Please review, all feedback welcome!!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by reubenrd, Mar 3, 2017.

Hi

It's been a little while since I was last here.... So hello everyone!
    I've recently launched a website promoting my services (web design & digital marketing) and would like some feedback regarding all aspects of my website.

I have a few things left to finish such as local seo, marketing page, better team photos haha! So if we could ignore any of the mentioned changes to come, that would be great!

My URL: https://www.cornwallweb.design

reubenrd, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The font is fine for the main menu but looks terrible for the Services drop-down menu. That font makes the text very hard to read.

The background color in the "Our Services" section is terrible. You need a color that pops and draws attention to that section and that color is not it. The background color makes the "Our Services" text very hard on the eyes.

The body text font needs to be changed. The layout is fine, but I think the "Contact Us Now" button/link and double line feature needs to be changed. You need something that draws the eye to it, a color like orange or something to draw the eye to it to encourage an action.

Also, the "Our Services Offered" section has icons but no links to any pages or sections with information about the services offered. You should have something behind those icons, a page detailing what you offer.

One more thing: your load time was pretty slow for this early in the morning. 4.24 seconds. Not very good.

https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/erJHVG/https://www.cornwallweb.design

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    billzo, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  3. reubenrd

reubenrd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the feedback. I've made a few amendments, still a few to make! What do you think now?

Has anyone got any color recommendations for the "our services" section just below the header on the homepage?

reubenrd, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  4. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    i found extra space in the header did you notice this? i think it is better if you remove some extra space in header

David Jones42, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  5. reubenrd

reubenrd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Extra space, how do you mean? Any more recommendations?

reubenrd, Mar 7, 2017 IP